Big red lost 2 more customers

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
We made the jump from VZ to T-Mo. I didn't have any issues with Verizon except for their price. We have two lines of unlimited data for the same price as the small plan thanks to their military discount. We both ended up getting a Thin Q. So far I like it but now comes the task of setting the phone up. I will miss Moto's voice actions but that's life.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
We made the jump from VZ to T-Mo. I didn't have any issues with Verizon except for their price. We have two lines of unlimited data for the same price as the small plan thanks to their military discount. We both ended up getting a Thin Q. So far I like it but now comes the task of setting the phone up. I will miss Moto's voice actions but that's life.

yea, the task of setting the phone up is the fun part. It is the best way to learn the phone :) anyway, glad you are happy...have fun with your new toys

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Enjoy your new phones LoudRam! As I mentioned in a different thread, they are sweet looking phones.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Enjoy your new phones LoudRam! As I mentioned in a different thread, they are sweet looking phones.
Thanks, they are nice looking. Really shiny but also MAJOR fingerprint magnets. I'm actually thinking about a clear case. They look they good.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Congrats on making the switch. Unless you live in the sticks or reliability is crucial for business I don't see how Verizon is feasible. Corporate discounts help bring it within manageable but then Verizon slaps on a different fee every month it seems to where the costs are out of control. Especially now when all the other carriers have caught up to Verizon with LTE coverage.

With all that I just said att is trying to see if they can outdo Verizon at being the most hated carrier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats on the phones and move... Definitely get yourself a nice clear case show off that shine..

LG G7

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I ordered a clear Ringke Fusion case for both my phone (gun metal gray) and my wife's (rose). It looks like a nice one. Good balance between protection and thickness. I didn't want a real bulky case.

Also at first I was disappointed because I didn't have Moto voice anymore when I drove but Android Auto does just about the same thing as long as I have data on. Now that I have unlimited data, I will. It's a really nice app.

One thing that caught me off guard is just how bad signal building penetration is with GSM phones. I could be anywhere in Wal-Mart with my Droid and make a call or text without a problem. Today I lost the signal 10' past the front door.

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I ordered a clear Ringke Fusion case for both my phone (gun metal gray) and my wife's (rose). It looks like a nice one. Good balance between protection and thickness. I didn't want a real bulky case.

Also at first I was disappointed because I didn't have Moto voice anymore when I drove but Android Auto does just about the same thing as long as I have data on. Now that I have unlimited data, I will. It's a really nice app.

One thing that caught me off guard is just how bad signal building penetration is with GSM phones. I could be anywhere in Wal-Mart with my Droid and make a call or text without a problem. Today I lost the signal 10' past the front door.

That could be T-Mobile. I was hoping it would be different in your area so I did not say anything about it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yeah that could be both T-Mobile. With att I do fine in buildings. In fact pretty close to the same as when I was in Verizon. Now it could have been because Verizon was throttling people early in their LTE life as I switched to att at the time I bought the note 2. But unless things changed with Verizon since then my signal has been close to the same. Where it differs is when I get deep into the rural areas. That's where Verizon outperforms the rest. But I'm in a deep rural area like hardly ever.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I have a few buildings I've get bad signal but overall I take that inconvenience for the rest..

LG G7

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I guess it's something that I'll have to live with. Wal-Mart is only a mile down the road and my signal at home is really good. Better than VZ. My 4g speeds are much faster than my Wi-Fi. At work I'm good to. Overall other than Wal-Mart the service is great. I'm happy with the move.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I live in the middle of nowhere..... people that visit and have phones from "other than VZ" get no reception..... I'm screwed and nobody can tell me big red doesn't know that.
Fortunately (lately) me and big red have been doing "ok" with each other so.....is what it is.

Wish I had options though. Choices Always help the consumer. maybe some day. Good luck with T-m and the new phones.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I live in the middle of nowhere..... people that visit and have phones from "other than VZ" get no reception..... I'm screwed and nobody can tell me big red doesn't know that.
Fortunately (lately) me and big red have been doing "ok" with each other so.....is what it is.

Wish I had options though. Choices Always help the consumer. maybe some day. Good luck with T-m and the new phones.
Thanks, that's the reason I kept VZ so long. I'm an electrician and I was working for a contractor who has customers in out of the way places. Now I work for a company where I'm in the same building every day. No more boon docks.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@LordRam don't forget to get your T-Mobile stuff Tuesday's.. there's always a little treat for us...
Capture+_2018-07-17-08-25-37.jpeg

LG G7