BGR, probably the biggest iPhone fanboy site on the web, gave the X a great review.

Mule65

Reaction score
Heh, great pocket demo!

[video=youtube;Qv8fJ2dcrm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8fJ2dcrm0"]YouTube - DROID X Into Jeans[/video]

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok that is the first time I have seen reported that the threaded messages in SMS's are in chat bubbles like Handcent has. Must be part of the Moto UI.

JCo352

Reaction score
You know I just realized the DX doesn't have any kind of trackball, optical pad, or d-pad. This is one reason I think I will be going with HTC the next time around, I used to love the trackball on my old G1. But overall that was a good unbiased review.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
My BB Curve's trackball was a gunk magnet. That's the main reason BB went with the optical pad instead on all their new phones.

JCo352

Reaction score
My BB Curve's trackball was a gunk magnet. That's the main reason BB went with the optical pad instead on all their new phones.

Yea, I'm definitely not opposed to an optical pad, as long as it's not on a BB lol.

sheba611

Reaction score
Great review by BGR

This is a much better review than the one done by Engadget. That review did not even mention call quality. I mean what is the primary use of any smartphone/cellphone if not the ability to make calls and not to lose calls? Especially since there are a lot of people who are dropping their landlines or not even getting landlines and using their smart or cellphones as their primary phones?
dancedroid

hendrix

Reaction score
You know I just realized the DX doesn't have any kind of trackball, optical pad, or d-pad. This is one reason I think I will be going with HTC the next time around, I used to love the trackball on my old G1. But overall that was a good unbiased review.

I brought this up in another thread (the name of which mentioned no trackball or d-pad) and I / we came up with the conclusion that very few things take advantage of it. Replica Island was my only concern.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a much better review than the one done by Engadget. That review did not even mention call quality. I mean what is the primary use of any smartphone/cellphone if not the ability to make calls and not to lose calls? Especially since there are a lot of people who are dropping their landlines or not even getting landlines and using their smart or cellphones as their primary phones?
dancedroid

Yes I agree 100% Any review that doesnt review the actual phone call functions is suspect....

BGR, thumbs up for the review.