BetterCut - Make Your Own Shortcut - Help?

bwhite757

Reaction score
I'm trying to make my own shortcut using BetterCut to open Handcent, but I'm confused and tried to google, bad search apparently b/c I can't come up with anything.

Anyway, I'd like to make a shortcut to open Handcent on my home screen and change the icon for it. Anybody have any help with this??

Really don't know what goes in the:
Action:
Data:
Type:

boxes... ??

Thanks

alf

Reaction score
I use better cut to, another great app in the never ending get my droid the way I want it. Anyway go to new shortcut activity and scroll down till you see the icon of the app you want. I have found sometimes and I don't know why I have to make a shortcut the normal way then drag it to trash can and then go back in to bettercut and it's there. Hope this helps

cire9753

Reaction score
Well what happened to me, is i tried to do the exact same thing you were doing, but when i went into edit Shortcut Handcent wasnt there. My problem was i was using home++ and bettercut only lets you edit icons you currently have on the default home screen. To solve this i switched back to my default homescreen, added handcent sms, and went back to home++ opened better cut and it was now under the edit shortcut menu.

OP
bwhite757

bwhite757

Reaction score
My problem was i was using home++ and bettercut only lets you edit icons you currently have on the default home screen. .

THANKS!!! That was my problem as well.. Works like a charm now!!! Such an awesome app now that I know how it works!!! lol

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well what happened to me, is i tried to do the exact same thing you were doing, but when i went into edit Shortcut Handcent wasnt there. My problem was i was using home++ and bettercut only lets you edit icons you currently have on the default home screen. To solve this i switched back to my default homescreen, added handcent sms, and went back to home++ opened better cut and it was now under the edit shortcut menu.

Yup exactly what I had to do inorder for it to work with GDE.

bodean

Reaction score
So you have to edit a shortcut/icon from your default home screen. Then when in HOME ++, open Bettercut, and find it there? Kind of a pain, no?

taypotts

Reaction score
Open Bettercut
New Shortcut
Activity
Then Scroll to the app icon you are wanting to change. Easy as that...

MAzing87

Reaction score
I'm trying to make my own shortcut using BetterCut to open Handcent, but I'm confused and tried to google, bad search apparently b/c I can't come up with anything.

Anyway, I'd like to make a shortcut to open Handcent on my home screen and change the icon for it. Anybody have any help with this??

Really don't know what goes in the:
Action:
Data:
Type:

boxes... ??

Thanks
Yes, I'm dying to know how to create a shortcut from scratch. There's nothing to tell us what we need to enter in the fields. Any ideas?

lilrizalboy

Reaction score
My problem was i was using home++ and bettercut only lets you edit icons you currently have on the default home screen. .

THANKS!!! That was my problem as well.. Works like a charm now!!! Such an awesome app now that I know how it works!!! lol
Thank you thats all i needed to know it took forever trying to figure this out..

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yes, now I know how to get this thing to work lol. But I, as well as others I'm sure, would still like to know how to "Make Your Own". I have no idea what to enter into the given fields...