Better than gb. 596 ?

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
A few days ago I posted that I believed gb 4.5.595 to be a better performer than. 596, I gave a few days to be sure before switching back... it took five sbf attempts to get back to froyo for some odd reason, but once back I rooted, then installed gbrooted, then installed gb 4.5.595...happily finding I was right, .595 yields much faster everything, and a totally stable signal. 4.5.596 ota gave me so much lag, signal was in and out, sometimes applications wouldn't open at all, and then reboots to top it off. My money..., .595

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Leung

Reaction score
I had a problem where my signal kept saying it it was 1x instead of 3G. Like it kept cycling back and forth between that, I wonder if that was what killed my battery faster?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I'm on 588 right now and I think it's definitely faster than froyo. I've been wondering if I was missing anything by not going to 596, so thanks for your report.

1x will definitely drain your battery. If you're in an area where you get 1x most of the time, you may as well just shut it down or put it in airplane mode.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had em all, from the beginning except for.596. I believe .595 is as good as it gets.

sent from my ZombieStomped X