Best undervolt settings for Gummynex

terigox

Reaction score
Hey all, been running Gummynex for a while now. Just curious to see what others are running for your voltage settings. I read a couple places about folks undervolting to try and get better battery life.

1) does it work?
2) what settings are you running for Gummynex?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

chefmelv

Reaction score
The kernel in gummynex is already UV'd. But I UV'd further by between -75-125 safely and have gotten around 24 hours of battery life.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The kernel in gummynex is already UV'd. But I UV'd further by between -75-125 safely and have gotten around 24 hours of battery life.

^Those were the same UV settings I had when I ran Gummy. Also got great battery life.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I've been running the standard voltages that come with Gummy. My last full 100%-0% was pretty great though, not going to post screenshots but just to give an idea...

Total Time on Battery: ~1d 6h
Screen on Time: 3h20m

Governer: Interactive. I did mess around and switch to hotplug and interactivex for an hour or so throughout the day to compare performance but didn't notice a change. Do these settings require a reboot?

The phone was set to a maximum of 1200MHz (as I do not have a reason for more speed!) on Wifi for all but about 4 hours. During this time I used the phone for about an hour while on 3g and this is when a LOT of the battery was used up. Also was in an area where I should have been getting 4g, but seemed my devices was unable to get 4g OR 3g when I turned on LTE/CDMA. Not sure if it is Gummy or my phone as I just got it replaced recently and it wasn't on stock very long. Wondering if I should go back to stock and test it a bit more to make sure I don't have a bad radio or something?

All in all, I'm quite happy with the battery life on Gummy! Although being on 3G really seemed to drain it FAST whether I was using the phone or not, so like I said above perhaps I have a bad radio?

wolfpackron

Reaction score

I set my settings like your screen shots and everything seems to be working fine with GummyNex.

I have posted another question concerning the cpu and voltage settings on another site. Can someone explain how the Max Min settings work. How can the phone have multiple settings? For cpu and voltage. Please explain for a noob. Thanks in advance, WolfpackRon.

neoj2

Reaction score
I also would like some more insight into the whole setcpu adjustments that are best for battery life. i have GJNex rom on my phone with no profiles or voltages set and im getting 5hrs with 28% battery left. I dont think thats normal at all. i have most of my apps sync manually so it isnt an app draining my battery.

twright86

Reaction score

Used the same UV as you, and got 16 hrs 47 minutes with 3 hours 23 minutes screen on time. Not bad. Also running the phone oc'd at 1.35 Ghz and about a 40 percent brightness.

Right now I'm at 84 percent battery, 10 hours 43 minutes on battery. 30 minutes of screen.

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
when you go to performance settings and change the voltages do you click apply changes?
and should it reboot
also what should my governor be on

twright86

Reaction score
when you go to performance settings and change the voltages do you click apply changes?
and should it reboot
also what should my governor be on
You do click apply changes, I didn't reboot, and my phone is at interactive on the governor. I am also at 1.35 Ghz.

This battery lasts so long I didn't even charge it last night, 26 hours 22 minutes on battery @ 41% 1 hour 51 minutes of screen.

thebird36

Reaction score
Im running ondemand and the same voltages as the person who posted his earlier im getting very good batt life around 14hours with semi heavy usage

jscharf10

Reaction score
yesterday before i flashed liquid nexus beta4 i was running codename android with francos latest kernel and made it 23 hours with 2 hours and 20 minutes of screen time. however i just flashed back to gummy nexus from liquid for the pure reason of the broken wifi tether that rom literally flies. however my setting were franco turtle with 400mz at 775mv > 700mz at 875mv > 1000mz at 1025mv and that is my secret to good battery life my best with gummy is 18 hours with 2hour an 8minutes of screen time... and no i dont have screen shots! lol

Boucher187

Reaction score

I just copied the exact same settings as you had for the VOLTAGES. I did not know a lot about them so this helped. I was getting 10 hours or so battery with about 1.5 hours screen use. I'd like to see how these settings work.

Do you also have the SET CPU settings changed (for better battery?) if so can you screenshot those settings?