Best Twitter app for Droid

ryanfrank24

Reaction score
Right now i have twidroyd for twitter, im curious what other good free twitter apps are out there and which ones people think are the best ones! fill me in please!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use it much but I kind of like the stock twitter client now. Prior to that I had used Twidroid and Seesmic. I preferred Twidroid.

Cappuchica

Reaction score
Honestly I prefer the stock app because it isn't filled with annoying advertisements and it does everything I need to do. *shrug*

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Stock for me too. TweetDeck beta doesn't look all that bad for reading them, but has zero notification capabilities so far, which is especially big with twitter.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I love Touiteur. Lots of customizations and the interface is my favorite. The drop-down that shows up when clicking on a tweet is great. The latest beta version (not yet in the Market) has picture previews in the drop-down. After trying every major Twitter app, I still think Touiteur has the best interface.

The new Tweetdeck beta (updated this afternoon) now has notification customization options, so it's definitely worth looking into. It's amazing how far they've come in only a week of public beta.

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
I love Touiteur. Lots of customizations and the interface is my favorite. The drop-down that shows up when clicking on a tweet is great. The latest beta version (not yet in the Market) has picture previews in the drop-down. After trying every major Twitter app, I still think Touiteur has the best interface.

The new Tweetdeck beta (updated this afternoon) now has notification customization options, so it's definitely worth looking into. It's amazing how far they've come in only a week of public beta.

x2 for Touiteur! It's awesome.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
stock for me.. it does everything i need.. i dont tweet a whole lot though i mainly just lurk..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using stock, that's all I need. I was using Twidroid prior to that.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I had Twidroyd and it gave me notifications...

I just switched to Tweetdeck for Android Beta and it gives me Twitter and Facebook notifications.

Not sure which one I prefer. The Tweetdeck is still in beta and doesn't do as much as the TwiDroyd did (like forwarding a tweet to an e-mail so I could view the video later on a computer screen and not worry having to find it again in twitter). But I like having twitter and facebook updates in one place.

acles003

Reaction score

+1 for Touiteur

OP
ryanfrank24

ryanfrank24

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies.. ive had my droid for a while.. the first gen.. but just now trying to get into Droid Forums for advice and stuff... i have twidroyd.. thinking about getting Touiteur.. or getting that tweetdeck... i dont know exactly how to go about getting tweetdeck though...

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I'm liking yesterday's TweetDeck's new options, but for me, no notifications still.