Best Screen Protector?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I just got my replacement Droid and tried to apply the screen protectors I had from Verizon; it was a disaster. I don't know how they got the first one on, but I couldn't do it. I remember seeing mention of better screen protectors on here, but can't find it now in search.
I've ordered one of the StealthGuard ones cos you can't beat the price (just shipping) right now, but I'd still like opinions.
Which screen protectors are you folks using?
I need something that will go on easily (sans air bubbles), look good (preferably invisible), not inhibit the touch screen's function, and, of course, protect my beloved Droid!
Thanks.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
best is very subjective. that being said, i like steinheils screen protectors.

OP
PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
They seem to be out of stock at the moment, so I have time to ask--crystal clear or anti-fingerprint?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
anti fingerprint is the one i have but others seem to prefer crystal bc its clearer. i hate fingerprints on mine so this one works well for me

Doc Hollandaise

Reaction score
Zagg for me. Also have it on my wifes Droid and my Sirius Stiletto, plus my kids leapster. The lifetime guarantee has come in handy as I have replaced 2 screens twice. Once a key made a nice fold int he screen protector, I shudder to think what it would have done to a naked screen..

No issues with using the touch screen through it at all and its clear. If you take your time installing it, no bubles either.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just peel and stick. it comes with a plastic card for bubbles but i honestly had like 5 when i put mine on and got them off in a matter of like 2 minutes

OP
PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Zagg for me. Also have it on my wifes Droid and my Sirius Stiletto, plus my kids leapster. The lifetime guarantee has come in handy as I have replaced 2 screens twice. Once a key made a nice fold int he screen protector, I shudder to think what it would have done to a naked screen..

No issues with using the touch screen through it at all and its clear. If you take your time installing it, no bubles either.

I looked up Zagg, IIRC it goes on with a solution of some sort and there was a handy how-to video.
Honestly after my abysmal experience with the Verizon ones I don't know which method I'd have more luck with.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had a Droid from November with no protection and the screen is perfect. It's very hard to damage the glass.

OP
PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
That's good to know. The fingerprints are driving me nuts though. I think the screen protector was easier to clean. What do you use to clean yours?

dmp135

Reaction score
That's good to know. The fingerprints are driving me nuts though. I think the screen protector was easier to clean. What do you use to clean yours?

So far I like Steinheils Ultra Clear screen protectors the best.
I prefer the dry application as it ended up with with far less bubbles than I personally was able to get with the wet applied skinomi. Skinomi is similar to Zagg's IS.

But lint/dust is tricky and you cannot easily wash and reapply the skin so both have advantages.
Personally, I just hate the whole water use and waiting 24 hrs etc.

I had a good Customer experience with Skinomi. I had mentioned the squeegee thing scratched the protector when I was following up on my order arrival and they sent me out a replacement set without my even asking.

I have started to use the squeegee thing only with a micro cloth around it as it seems all of these protectors scratch - somewhat ironic but true for me
icon7.gif

Skinomi protectors are a bit thicker and not as slick to the finger as the Steins for my preference which are the closet to nothing on the screen I have tried. It gives me that clear screen, which I love.

I do get fingerprints and smudges with the Ultra Clear, which is unavoidable if you use the DX as a phone without a headset but it does not bother me.

fastpat

Reaction score
Two Skinomi's later, I stopped worrying about the screen surface. I have my Droid in a hard case which has a soft, velour type lining in it, so don't think it's going to get scratched up much. The Skinomi's peeled up at the corners putting the machine in and out of the case, so it's gone.

I'd only consider a screen skin type protector if I was carrying my Droid in a pocket with spare change and keys.

dmp135

Reaction score
Well I was very careful with mine and still sustained a small scratch before I got a protector in the mail. I thought the whole gorilla glass thing meant it was "more" scratch resistant than it seemed to be for me. But it spooked me to put somehting on the glass.