Best Rom with battery life so far for me.

en28so

Reaction score
I have tried a few roms and kernels. Some didn't even work right on my phone (none of the 4.2 Roms), and so far at least in my case I would only get about 6hrs of light use. Now I'm on sourcery Rom v 3.2 and I can now go at least 8hrs with light use and 6 with moderate.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Here it is. After using juice defender too. Listened to music most of the time, a little web browsing and two short phone calls.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I have to add that not even my Droid X with a 3500 battery could do this. I have not installed Facebook yet, since it's a battery drainer.

MonKENy

Reaction score
really? My X would go 15-20 hrs stock battery running darkslide. Now this stupid nexus gets 8hrs tops mod use. Try the newest sourcery v5.1 and tweak the settings. See how that works. I just bought a 3500 battery for it so im waiting on that to come in to see how big a difference it is.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I'm using the latest PA 3.1 with Cylon AK Kernel. Excellent battery life using the hotplug governor. 16 and half hours yesterday and thats only because I was searching for 3g and 4g constantly at a restaurant for about 2 hours which drains battery. I recommend this setup

Talon66721

Reaction score
I just stumbled across the Golden Kernel over at xda and I'm loving it! Makes my gnex run like it should. Still not great battery life even with the extended battery, but I think it's from the rom (Carbon 1.8) since I had lousy life before the kernel and it's much better with it now. Hope it helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just stumbled across the Golden Kernel over at xda and I'm loving it! Makes my gnex run like it should. Still not great battery life even with the extended battery, but I think it's from the rom (Carbon 1.8) since I had lousy life before the kernel and it's much better with it now. Hope it helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Try a 4.3 ROM, a few of them can be found over at xda. That may help your battery life a bit.

baldybill

Reaction score
Try a 4.3 ROM, a few of them can be found over at xda. That may help your battery life a bit.

What 4.3 ROM would you recommend?

I tried the AOKP 4.3 and had the regular 4G toggle issue...but I also couldn't get it to properly connect as a hotspot/wifi tether, so I went back to AOKP 4.2.2