Best Ripping utilities I've tried so far:

pavtube

Reaction score
Pavtube is able to handle blu-ray with its own ripping tech, not need to rely on anydvd. It is an one stop shop which can rip and convert Blu-ray and DVDs. If u have difficult in ripping blu-rays, send me details.

Reaction score
Pavtube...How about "a river runs through it". I sent you the log information and I got an email that it had been fixed. But it still would not rip correctly.

Havn't tried to use it lately, has there been any updates to the software?

Reaction score
Pavtube...How about "a river runs through it". I sent you the log information and I got an email that it had been fixed. But it still would not rip correctly.

Havn't tried to use it lately, has there been any updates to the software?

Just updated and what do you know, River Runs Through It works now. Subtitles convert very easily too. Nice JOB.

However, the one big complaint I have with these blu ray rippers is that when it rips, you get a laundry list of the different chapters, sub chapters, ex in river runs through it, this list is about 20 items long. It is up to you to check mark the corect file that contains the actual movie and chapters. This can get confusing, but pavtube makes it somewhat easier by having a preview screen that can show what you are about to convert.

Still wish there was a way to streamline this so it is easier to identify the actual movie.

Pavtube, another suggestion would be to make a profile for the Droid, I see you have the iphone, ipad, and some other devices, but nothing for the Droid. People are hungry to watch their movie and tv content on their phones, and droid is a pretty big market. Might want to do something about that.

I will try out some more movies on pavtube and update.

pavtube

Reaction score
We have released an update which enhanced the performance of ripping the latest blu ray discs including Avater(Region A). And we are working on adding droid profile and making our product more friendly. The update will be launched soon.
Thanks for your suggestion and support. If u still have any questions, inform me anytime.:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
We have released an update which enhanced the performance of ripping the latest blu ray discs including Avater(Region A). And we are working on adding droid profile and making our product more friendly. The update will be launched soon.
Thanks for your suggestion and support. If u still have any questions, inform me anytime.:icon_ banana:

Pavtube...

Well I may have spoken too soon. I was originally having trouble ripping "A River Runs Through It" with your software. With the latest release it seems that it does indeed rip now.

However, the problem I am having now, and not just with this disk but all blue ray, is that when I make a MKV the sound gradually looses sync with the picture. So by the end of the movie there is a 5-7 second delay between what you see and what you hear.

Any ideas what is going on?

pavtube

Reaction score
Pavtube...

Well I may have spoken too soon. I was originally having trouble ripping "A River Runs Through It" with your software. With the latest release it seems that it does indeed rip now.

However, the problem I am having now, and not just with this disk but all blue ray, is that when I make a MKV the sound gradually looses sync with the picture. So by the end of the movie there is a 5-7 second delay between what you see and what you hear.

Any ideas what is going on?

Could u name the blu-ray discs u tried to convert to mkv?
Thanks.

texasPI

Reaction score
Thanks

I also trailed the software and put it up against other similar software, the reason for the purchase was its layout, ease of use and the fact everything is in one package, decrypting, recode/Shrink, blue ray compatible and the price is reasonable. It works well under windows 7, 1st impression is I like it

Reporting Back...

I just used Pavtube for the first time using a blu ray source. You can use the software without paying for it, but it will have a water mark in the center.

My first impressions are very positive. Easy interface, though it took me a while to realize that you can just type in the size (resolution) for the droid without having to use the preset values.

What I am really liking about this software is the ease of use with subtitles. I have yet to find a converter for blue ray that makes this so easy. Video and audio perfectly match. Unlike handbrake, this coverter has a volume booster which comes in handy for guys like me that use their droid mostly on noisy airplanes.

Im going to get a couple blu ray movies that Ive had problems converting with DVDCatalyst and see how they go.

Only downside I see so far is the price...~$50. But if I can do everything I want with this one program, I think its worth it.

I trailed the software and put it up against other similar software
the reason for the purchase was its layout, ease of use and the fact everything is in one package
decrypting, recode/Shrink, blue ray compatible and the price is reasonable
It works well under windows 7,
1st impression is I like it
:)

One and the same? Also, I believe I meant trialed but maybe compared would be more appropriate?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pavtube is able to handle blu-ray with its own ripping tech, not need to rely on anydvd. It is an one stop shop which can rip and convert Blu-ray and DVDs. If u have difficult in ripping blu-rays, send me details.
So you're saying that PavTube can rip every Bluray and DVD that is out currently?? including new release Blurays with newer and ever-evolving BD+?

pavtube

Reaction score
One and the same? Also, I believe I meant trialed but maybe compared would be more appropriate?

Yeah, for users, u shoud try and compare. then u will find why they choose our product.
Have fun.:)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So you're saying that PavTube can rip every Bluray and DVD that is out currently?? including new release Blurays with newer and ever-evolving BD+?

I will surely say yes. Believe it or not. U could try it by yourself.
Download from here(free version): Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper - Rip/convert Blu-ray DVD to AVI/MKV/MPG
I just may try it when AnyDVD-HD runs into a tough Bluray BD+ protection that needs an update... will see if you can crack it first...

I have the lifetime AnyDVD-HD, which I got at it's lowest pricing years back... still, I paid a little more than what you sell your Pavtube for...

pavtube

Reaction score
I just may try it when AnyDVD-HD runs into a tough Bluray BD+ protection that needs an update... will see if you can crack it first...

I have the lifetime AnyDVD-HD, which I got at it's lowest pricing years back... still, I paid a little more than what you sell your Pavtube for...

Thanks for trying our product. I will help u handle any problem u encountered anytime.
Have fun.:)