best music player app

coondogg97

Reaction score
Are there any music apps out there that will only play the one artist on the station you create? For example Billy Joel radio ONLY plays Billy Joel. Anything out there?

Thanks!

tford0310

Reaction score
*if the track is an mp3, you can do basic editing of at least the most important ID3 tags (this doesn't work for .wma files and I don't know what other formats it might work on. I only have mp3s and wmas.).

Is Meridian the only player that allows this? I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on TuneWiki, MixxZing, or the stock player...

Xiaoyung

Reaction score
Well, first off, greetings and salutations to all (points for people who can name the reference :p) and Happy New Year! Now, with that out of the way, not sure if this has been asked/commented on previously, but I was wondering if any of these apps (Tunewiki, Mixzing, etc.) have the ability to pop up a little notification or window on whatever screen I have open showing me what song is playing. For example, (this just happened and this is why I'm asking) I'm using the navigation feature and was also using the music player on my drive, but found that I'm not sure what song is playing. The thing is, I don't really want to go navigating back to the music player or messing with the navigation screen just to see what song is playing. I know that if you pull down on the drop-down notification menu it shows the song, but that involves me taking my hand off of my steering wheel and poking at a screen. Not always the safest thing. Any ideas?

monkeymynd

Reaction score
Well, first off, greetings and salutations to all (points for people who can name the reference :p) and Happy New Year! Now, with that out of the way, not sure if this has been asked/commented on previously, but I was wondering if any of these apps (Tunewiki, Mixzing, etc.) have the ability to pop up a little notification or window on whatever screen I have open showing me what song is playing. For example, (this just happened and this is why I'm asking) I'm using the navigation feature and was also using the music player on my drive, but found that I'm not sure what song is playing. The thing is, I don't really want to go navigating back to the music player or messing with the navigation screen just to see what song is playing. I know that if you pull down on the drop-down notification menu it shows the song, but that involves me taking my hand off of my steering wheel and poking at a screen. Not always the safest thing. Any ideas?

Mixzing keeps itself in the notifications bar and shows the name of the artist/song as well. So, no matter what screen you're on, you just pull down the notification bar and you'll be able to see what's playing.

[Edit] Sry...didn't see the last line in your post. You already knew about the notification bar.

searayman

Reaction score
I actually like the default player more then any of these suggestions....I just which it looked a little sleeker

blazed

Reaction score
Is there any music player that allows you to change songs without having to turn on your screen? You can change the volume when the screen is off by pressing the volume buttons so you should be able to change the songs by holding down the volume buttons. Is there any music player that can do this?

fsolomon75

Reaction score
I'd love to find one that would automatically create a playlist based on your song rankings, a la iTunes.

tu3218

Reaction score
Is there any music player that allows you to change songs without having to turn on your screen? You can change the volume when the screen is off by pressing the volume buttons so you should be able to change the songs by holding down the volume buttons. Is there any music player that can do this?

yeah I'm also looking for that. It would much more a convenient factor while driving or laying in bed at night and just want to change the song.

I'd love to find one that would automatically create a playlist based on your song rankings, a la iTunes.

Thats the one thing I don't like about the droid and music player. There isnt much computer integration to create playlists an since no music player does it that I know of, its kind of a bummer.

Zac7

Reaction score
found the new rockon app its amazing. the new name is "^3" like just the power 3. dumb name and doesnt have an icon but its real sweet.

searayman

Reaction score
found the new rockon app its amazing. the new name is "^3" like just the power 3. dumb name and doesnt have an icon but its real sweet.

How can i get this app? I cant type that ^ on my droid to search for it in the app store

Zac7

Reaction score
I don't know how to search for it either. Go to app categories under multimedia top free. Scroll down a ways and its the only app with a little 3 as the app name. If you can't find it ill try to post a link. Or search fillipe who is the dev.

searayman

Reaction score
i just found it by searching "rockon" and its one of the few that shows up