Best file format for music (converting now and need help)

wakebrdr142

Reaction score
I am converting my itunes drm music and would like to know what file format to convert it to. Looking for the best audio quality and heard that mp3 will cause you to lose quality. I will be loading the music to my android phone and tablet.

Thanks for the help.

Justin.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I am ripping my music at 320kps into an MP3 file. For the most part, I think that any time you rip music, you are going to lose audio quality. Also, it depends on the sound system that you are going to be listening to it on and/or the speakers or the ear phone/buds. Those are also crucial parts to having "the best audio quality."

Good luck!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well if it is iTunes downloaded it is probably already an m4a format, which is slightly better than mp3.

To answer your question directly, a fully lossless format like FLAC is what you're looking for, assuming space isn't an issue. To be indirect, you won't gain much aside from a massive file size by converting non-CD quality music like what you've downloaded. Your best bet would be to convert it into aac, again making an assumption that your phone/music app supports it.