Best Facebook replacement to meet my needs?

greycobalt

Reaction score
I got a Galaxy Nexus last month, and the battery was horrific. Facebook used a ton of that battery, so I looked for a good replacement, and Friendcaster seemed to be my best bet. Once they fix up the current bugs, I'll enjoy it very much. But, I like to cross-post my Twitter and Facebook, so I've also been using Tweetcaster. Problem is, it's mostly designed for Twitter. There's no way to add a friend into your status (or even tag them). Same with Friendcaster. Does anyone know of an app, preferably a cross-poster, that will let me tag people not only in @ posts with Twitter, but with people in Facebook? I appreciate the help!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Unfortunately, right now there is not. I tried to find an alternative fb app, & tried friendcaster. When I discovered that there were things I could not do with friendcaster, I wrote them and was told that fb has certain restrictions that will not allow other developers to create a fb app with all features.

I think, because the fb app is such a battery hog and they don't seem to want to fix that, they need to open up the ability for other developers to create an app with all features.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
That's a shame. It's definitely not an earth-shattering problem, but I figured in the current age of tech it would be achievable. I'm at least glad Friendcaster fixed their notification problem today.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree and I don't particularly appreciate that facebook has put restrictions on the ability for developers to improve on a fb app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
greycobalt

greycobalt

Reaction score
If Facebook isn't willing to actively solve their horrific battery-sucking problem (which they clearly aren't), then they shouldn't bother with the restrictions that keep other developers from helping us out!