Best Droid phone available atm.

Zeronx

Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been asked already, but I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the best Droid phone out atm. I was thinking the Droid Razr Exxt, but I may be wrong.

osirhis

Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been asked already, but I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the best Droid phone out atm. I was thinking the Droid Razr Exxt, but I may be wrong.

Are you talking Droid as brand or just Android phones in general? Droid is a brand exclusive to Verizon, but there are many Android phones on multiple carriers. What carrier are you looking at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Zeronx

Zeronx

Reaction score
Sorry, I am with Verizon atm, but brands and models are what I am mainly interested in, I like big screens on the phone like my droid X.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Really can't go wrong with any of the newer phones on Verizon right now. Have you checked any of them out in person? And do you mean Razr Maxx?

OP
Zeronx

Zeronx

Reaction score
yeah the Maxx my bad. I haven't actually gone there yet as I am waiting on something to happen first before I invest $200 on a new phone.

osirhis

Reaction score
The GNex is what I would go with as the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

JeffDenver

Reaction score

If you are talking about the Droid name brand, I would say the Razr Maxx. Unless you need a hardware keyboard, in which case I would say the Droid 4. However "Droid" is just a brand name, like Coke. Not all soda is Coke and not all Android phones are Droids. The Razr's main strengths are it's battery life (for the maxx version), and it's durability and thinness. It's display uses Gorilla glass which is a lot stronger than normal glass, and it's body is made of Kevlar. It is the only one of these phones without a 720p display. It has an SD slot, but you cannot remove or upgrade the battery. The Droid 4 is virtually identical to the Razr except that it also has a hardware keyboard.

The best Android phone on Verizon right now really depends on what matters most to you. None of them are the best at everything. IMO, the HTC Rezound is the best all around phone. It has the best Camera, a removable battery, SD expansion, and the best reception (also the best GPS probably). It has the highest resolution front camera. It has a 720p display with the best pixel density of any phone right now (even better than the Retina display on the iPhone4S). It probably has the smallest display of the phones listed here (4.3").

The LG Spectrum probably has the best display of any phone right now. It's pixel density is not as good as the Rezound, but it is still very close to that of the iPhone 4S. It's display also has Gorilla Glass. It is brighter and has deeper blacks than the Rezound. Although it's other specs are comparable to the Rezound, the Rezound is as good or better in every other category. It does have a good camera and good reception. It is the only other tier 1 phone on verizon that has both SD and a removable battery. It is a 4.5" phone.

The Galaxy Nexus has the best AMOLED display (the only phone to have a 720p AMOLED display on any carrier I think, and it has curved fingerprint resistant glass), and is the only Vanilla Android phone. The main draw of this phone is if you like being on the bleeding edge of software updates, as it will get them first. It's the only phone with NFC built in. It does not have SD expansion, but does have a removable battery. It has no hardware navigation buttons...they appear as part of the display (which can be good or bad depending on what you like, but most Nexus owners I know like this). It probably has the largest display area of the phones listed here at about 4.7" (you said screen size was an issue).

So what is best really depends on what features you like or use the most. None of these phones are bad though...these are all the best phones on verizon right now.

Last edited:
B

bens42608

Nobody can beat the Droid BIONIC

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums