Best deal on a Jawbone?

loki993

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting one of these as I need a bluetooth. It seems that if you look in the right places the icon can be had for 69.99.

Anyone know of anywhere that can do better than that?

Also, how much better is it than the Jawbone 2? Because newegg has those for sale for 29.99.

I basically need the noise cancellation as the stock headset that came with my BB picks up absolutly everything.

Also let me know if there would be something you would reccommend over the Jawbone.

drrickryp

Reaction score
Take a look at blueant q2. Pricey but ill never go back to jawbone. I've found good deals on new ones on ebay.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Just google it. And jawbone ain't that great.

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
Take a look at blueant q2. Pricey but ill never go back to jawbone. I've found good deals on new ones on ebay.

I just looked around 72 - 80 dollars. That doesnt seem that bad. Its only 10 or so more then the Jawbone. Definilty in the price range I was considering anyway. Thats the one right?

Just google it. And jawbone ain't that great.

What would you reccommend?

OP
L

loki993

Reaction score
ok then, Ill keep my eye out. did you notice if the seller had more? Who was the seller if you dont mind me asking or remember?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

$70 and it ROCKS!!!!!
BlueAnt Q2 Smart Bluetooth Headset - $69.95 - Batteries, Cases, Chargers, Headsets and Much More @ All4Cellular.com

It uses the vlingo app for voice control and dialing but it's still the best Android capable headset out right now. GREAT sound quality (inbound and outbound) and solid noise cancellation.

I've used all the Jawbones since the original and really not overly impressed. Yes they are nice but nothing more than any other 'high-end' Plantronics model for less $$. Personally I find the new Icon a bit awkward (it's short and thick) and doesn't fit as well (or stay on/in) as the Q2. It also doesn't have the contact and vlingo support for Android that the Q2 has (or didn't the last time I used it, gave it to my fiance after I got the Q2 and haven't used it since).

There is, however 1 small problem when I got mine (a few months ago now) you could ONLY use a 32-bit system to run the update software. They are/were working on the 64-bit app but it's not really a big deal as the small update really doesn't add/do anything.

Though another nice looking one is the Jabra 'Stone'. I've been considering that one but waiting for the new(er) one (Stone 2) but thought it's been 'released' it's ridiculously hard to find (seems to be a carrier exclusive at this point).

Last edited:

author

Reaction score
I had a Jawbone with my previous phone (Samsung) ... worked super on it but on my new Droid 2, it was awful (kept losing the Bluetooth pairing at odd moments).

Got a Plantronics Voyager Pro+ ... fantastic!

--Ralph

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jabra Stone is not bad as well and looks hot. You can check it out...

Jabra STONE Bluetooth Headset with Extreme Noise Blocking

That's the old one and it SUCKS!!! Was uncomfortable, poor charge and does NOT like Android. The new model is out (Stone 2) at VZW and AT&T stores and it is supposed to address these issues. I'm waiting for some trusted reviews before I drop the dough (and for the price to come down).

All in all bang for buck now IMO is Bluetooth Q2 followed closely by the Plantronics 975. Q2 is more comfortable and works GREAT with Android but I REALLY like the 'case' for the 975.