Best Buy Price Match

lazarus2297

Reaction score
the "policy" is only brick and mortar type stores and same item etc... Best Buy mobile is technically a Store within a store, but they still have the same policies as Best Buy in general. I am not bashing anyone but the employess that match online prices like that obviously don't care about their job or the company they work for.. There are reasons let's talk sells for less and when we err... Best Buy matches those prices we lose money...in exchange for what?? Nothing put profit loss in return..

Believe it or not those phones cost a lot of money for the retailers..

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
the "policy" is only brick and mortar type stores and same item etc... Best Buy mobile is technically a Store within a store, but they still have the same policies as Best Buy in general. I am not bashing anyone but the employess that match online prices like that obviously don't care about their job or the company they work for.. There are reasons let's talk sells for less and when we err... Best Buy matches those prices we lose money...in exchange for what?? Nothing put profit loss in return..

Believe it or not those phones cost a lot of money for the retailers..

If they don't match online prices why do they have amazon and a whole other online competitors listed when the employee had to select which competitor they were price matching? He didn't manually enter Amazon it was one of the selections in his menu. He had to use "Other" for letstalk.com since it was not listed.

I know several stores (Best Buy mobile) in VA that price match online competitors.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I know several stores (Best Buy mobile) in VA that price match online competitors.

doesn't mean that they are supposed to..

i know a lot of people that do things they aren't supposed to... you know the rest.....

copied straight from Best Buy.com

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores.

What is considered a local retail competitor?

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

Last edited:
OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Still doesn't explain why if Best Buy Mobile, not Best Buy, does not price match, why is amazon.com and other online retailers listed in their computer system for their employees to choose which competitor they were price matching. If they didn't match online competitors seems to me that they wouldn't have amazon in their list.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
that i don't know sir.. i just know that the policy says we don't have to match those companies..

large corporations do a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense.. :)

OP
vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Reaction score
Again, employee I talked with said, they are treated as a separate store. The Best Buy GM has no authority over them. They have separate management, separate district manager, separate price match policies.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Again, employee I talked with said, they are treated as a separate store. The Best Buy GM has no authority over them. They have separate management, separate district manager, separate price match policies.

ehhh that's a pretty gray area...

they do have different management staff but what goes on in that store is ultimately up to the GM of that store

destinydmm

Reaction score
Anyone who started a new contract should go back as Amazon has just lowered their price for the Nexus.

Individual new line - $149.99