Best Buy Mobile Announces Launch and Pre-Sale of Motorola DEVOUR

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bestbuy-devour.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Consumers who are looking to purchase the new Motorola DEVOUR™ can do so at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile standalone stores beginning February 25. The Motorola DEVOUR™ is the third smartphone from Verizon Wireless that runs on Google’s innovative Android operating platform and the first Verizon Wireless phone to feature MOTOBLUR™.

To support the launch of this highly anticipated device, Best Buy Mobile is hosting a pre-sale beginning February 16. Consumers can take advantage of the in-store pre-sale by visiting their local Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile standalone store where they can schedule a pick-up time after February 25 and reserve their spot by purchasing a $50 Best Buy Gift Card.

Customers who purchase the Motorola DEVOUR™ at Best Buy Mobile can avoid the hassle of mail-in rebates with instant savings applied at the point of purchase and can walk out working with access to their email, contacts and favorite content set up by a Best Buy Mobile sales associate.

“Being one of the first retailers to feature the Motorola DEVOUR™ is a win-win for Best Buy Mobile and our valued customers,” said Scott Moore, VP of marketing for Best Buy Mobile. “We saw great response with the DROID by Motorola, the first Android device for Verizon Wireless, and we expect the same response with the Motorola DEVOUR™. Our employees get really excited for these big smartphone launches and we are looking forward to helping bring the Motorola DEVOUR™ to the marketplace.”

Motorola DEVOUR™ features include the following:

• MOTOBLUR™, Motorola’s unique Android™-powered content delivery service
  • Happenings Widget – MOTOBLUR automatically pushes status updates, wall posts and photo updates from popular social networking sites to the Happenings Widget on user’s home screen
  • Universal Inbox – MOTOBLUR gathers texts, social network messages and e-mails into one home screen widget for quick response
  • 3.1” touch screen
  • Pre-loaded applications such as Gmail, Google Talk™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™ with Google Maps Navigation
  • Through Android Market™ provides access to more than 20,000 applications

To Discuss the Motorola Devour, Be sure to check out our new section here: Motorola Devour - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

NVash

Reaction score
What? Already?

You know, it annoys me that this version is so cool looking. Its sleek and streamlined, almost makes the Droid look like a brick. Good thing the Droid is far better, technologically.

xrascal4

Reaction score
Wireless Advocates (kiosk inside costco stores) will also be offering the Motorola Devour on Feb 25th. 19 days before verizon stores. It will come with a free car charger and free Motorola H525 bluetooth headset. Also free activation.

Shmooze

Reaction score
Droid lite? And is the happenings widget going to become available to all android phones?

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I posted about the Devour(in the Devour area) as being a good phone to replace my wifes Voyager but it has shortcomings. It does not have Android 2.0 and unless Motorola revamps blur to work with it then this phone will always be behind the times, only a 3MP camera and NO FLASH...and the biggest downfall will be the $149 price Best Buy has leaked. The Droid Eris is a better phone and sells for $99 or less so Verizon better rethink the pricing and fast.

NVash

Reaction score
My Dare did pretty decent with a 3MP camera, Im beyond tired of the one on the Droid. And can the Droid use Blur, whatever that is?

bobmundo123

Reaction score
HTML:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vkxjcq0yCcI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vkxjcq0yCcI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This video showing the physicality of the phone.. Honestly i like the design of my droid.. much better than this phone. Its a nice black finish, and i enjoy that.. however.. one thing i might be jealous of is the keyboard and trackpad... It look a lot easier to use than the one on the droid..

Headphone jack looks awkward... and the alluminum i feel if you put in in a pocket with keys would get scratched up quite a bit.

It's also got a 3.2 MP camera, as opposed to th 5 mp. It's alo running motoblur, which in my opinion is the kids meal version of 2.1.

Another thing i'd like o through out there, i heard a phone was supposed to be getting hdmi output. For some reason i heard it was supposed to be this phone.. clearly it isn't any feedback on that?

bobmundo123

Reaction score
link to video
[video=youtube;CJbki4mgdPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJbki4mgdPw]YouTube - MOTOBLUR - Motorola CLIQ[/video]

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I like the way Blur works especially the synching with your computer, hopefully Motorola offers it for the Droid soon. If the Devour sells for $ 99 or less I'll be picking one up for my wife next month.

mszv

Reaction score
Maybe the physical keyboard will be better the Droid. I like the looks of this phone quite a lot, but I just broke down and got my Droid, which is wonderful - great - aside from the keyboard I'm not that crazy about, and I use a physical keyboard.

Still - this looks like a great device.

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Try using Swype for your Droid, I used my keyboard on my Voyager but could not get use to my Droids.

Maybe the physical keyboard will be better the Droid. I like the looks of this phone quite a lot, but I just broke down and got my Droid, which is wonderful - great - aside from the keyboard I'm not that crazy about, and I use a physical keyboard.

Still - this looks like a great device.

Nathan801

Reaction score
Ill take an arguably less great physical keyboard with better hardware inside than a less powerful one with a better keyboard. Devour is aimed at a much younger age obviously.