Best Buy MIQ service coming to Android platform!

txskeets

Reaction score
When I had my Blackberry I signed up and was using Best Buy's MIQ service (its free Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ). It basically backs up your contacts, pictures, etc. Now that I have switched to the Droid, I emailed them to cancel my service. They emailed me back the following:

We apologize for not supporting the Droid at this moment, but know that updating our build to support the Droid is #1 priority on our engineers' task list. We hope to release this update very, very soon.

Because of that, I would recommend waiting just a bit longer and checking back in with us. We can also email you once we have released this.

Let us know if you would like that option, or please confirm if you would still like to delete your account.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

mIQ Customer Care

So, it looks like this service will be coming to the Android platform soon enough! :) I told them to keep my account active and email me when the service is available for the Android.

OP
txskeets

txskeets

Reaction score
Not for the Best Buy service there isnt.....yet. :)

SR20S13

Reaction score
yeah well who knows how long it will take but at first i thought it cost money then i noticed it was free so yeah goodluck bro

M

mIQ Live

We're beta testing now for our new Android app. It will remain free! Let us know if you would like to test. Works on Androids that are 2.1+.

Email: [email protected] to be added to the beta program.

Thanks!

mIQ Live

M

mIQ Live

m:IQ Live

When I had my Blackberry I signed up and was using Best Buy's MIQ service (its free Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ). It basically backs up your contacts, pictures, etc. Now that I have switched to the Droid, I emailed them to cancel my service. They emailed me back the following:

We apologize for not supporting the Droid at this moment, but know that updating our build to support the Droid is #1 priority on our engineers' task list. We hope to release this update very, very soon.

Because of that, I would recommend waiting just a bit longer and checking back in with us. We can also email you once we have released this.

Let us know if you would like that option, or please confirm if you would still like to delete your account.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

mIQ Customer Care

So, it looks like this service will be coming to the Android platform soon enough! :) I told them to keep my account active and email me when the service is available for the Android.

I wanted to give you a heads up that Best Buy Mobile recently released an Android version of its m:IQ cloud sync service (Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: m:IQ) to the Android Market!

If you’re unfamiliar with m:IQ, think of it as a FREE version of Apple MobileMe for all other smartphone platforms (Android, BlackBerry, S60, WinMo), designed to help users get the most out of their mobile phone experiences – without ever having to think about it.

m:IQ helps users sync their contacts, text messages, calendar events, calls, photos, videos, and internet favorites from their phones to their private web-based m:IQ account. Once backed-up in the cloud, users can interact with their information in exciting new ways, send and receive text messages, share their experiences with friends and social sites, and easily restore their content when moving from one phone to the next. Content instantly transfers between the phone and the web without requiring any user interaction – ensuring that users are always backed-up and have access to their information.

There are a ton of details we can go into, but in terms of how we think this release creates distinct value for the Android community:

1) Data migration to Android: From BlackBerry, WinMo, S60 – key for a large number of users (check it out)

2) Single location online to access, interact with & share: Instead of multiple destinations, m:IQ offers a single location where all content is integrated in a private account on the web, making it easy for all types of users to feel assured that their data is safe and able to access and interact with their content in exciting new ways

3) Fastest and most encompassing sync experience on Android: Fastest, most seamless sync of phone data types, including support for multiple contact/calendar accounts

But what we’re really hoping is that you guys can install the Android app and check it out yourselves: http://tinyurl.com/installmiq.

- Feature Overview: http://tinyurl.com/miqfeatures
- Screenshots: http://tinyurl.com/miqscreens
- Logos: http://tinyurl.com/miqlogos
- Tour: m:IQ

Thanks.