Best Android IRC App?

Kimberlee

Reaction score
I know there are several IRC apps for the Droid, and I have tried quite a few of them, but in your opinion, which one is the best? There are a few with pretty good features, but I have yet to find one that can pull up a channel list (which requires you to remember the names of the channels you want on each server). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kim

Jordan8

Reaction score
I use AndChat. It's pretty good.

Edit: you can do /list & all the channels will be echoed into the status tab. However on larger networks it will take it a minute or so to echo them all.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 on andchat that's what i use as well and i like it a lot it has all the features i need

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Kimberlee

Kimberlee

Reaction score
Jordan8 and gflam,

Thanks for the reply. I've used Andchat, and it's one of the two I like best so far (AndroIrc is the other one). In the Android Market, there's a free version of Andchat, and a donate one. Function wise, do you know what is the difference between the two? Or is the donation version available just so you can support the developer (which is a good idea) and both versions are essentially the same?

Also, thanks for the reminder of the /list command to get a channel list. I'm so used to having it automatically listed on my computer IRC apps. Great idea!

Thanks,
Kim

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks like it's just to support the developer doesn't look like there's a difference between the two versiop which is very nice on their part he has a link to his website as well to donate you're own amount if you don't want to pay the amount of the donate version

OP
Kimberlee

Kimberlee

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I agree, it was nice of the developer to do it that way. I decided to go ahead and purchase the donate version. Helps with future development of the app too.

Thanks,
Kim

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea always great to do that I'm sure he's very appreciative