Bell XT860 support - SIM not detected, switched to CDMA mode

bellydroid

Reaction score
Bell XT860 support for CM9

As the title suggests this is a thread for discussing CM9 on the Bell Canada XT860. The problem I first ran into and main reason I started this thread, is in regard to the error message mentioned in the thread title which means no 3G for me or you. Since I'm editing this first entry after Hashcode's appended response to this message, I can now say that we have a start to resolving the problem.

OP
B

bellydroid

Reaction score
Hashcode

Removing the file made the error message in the drop down menu disappear for good, the phone now shows my network provider on the lock screen.

I can make calls and recieve calls, however it will display a message "NO SIM, OR SIM ERROR" before I make a call or recieve a call.

Wireless works well but I have not spent much time testing it.

If I try and manually select TELUS 3G under network operators I get:
"Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network"

If I continue to press the TELUS 3G selection it will eventually say "Registered on Network", then a few seconds later I will show the same message about not allowing the SIM card on the network, the Telus network is still displayed in the lock screen as mentioned above

I'm not able to save my Telus APN settings, I'm assuming this might be why data is not working