Behold: This Galaxy Note 8 blows the Galaxy S8 out of the water!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
galaxy-note-8-concept-dbs.jpg

Samsung's Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ were finally released this past Friday, and it seems like the phones are already well on their way to becoming a smash hit. The South Korean electronics giant announced Monday morning that combined Galaxy S8 and S8+ pre-orders out-sold Samsung's previous-generation Galaxy S7 and S7 edge by 30%. As a quick reminder, the S7 and S7 edge were Samsung's best-selling phones ever. If you picked up a new Galaxy S8 on Friday or over the weekend, rest assured that you now hold the most stunning smartphones that have ever existed. They're also two of the most powerful smartphones that have ever existed. In fact, there's almost nothing on Earth that could possibly give you buyer's remorse. Almost nothing... When an early adopter buys a new flagship iPhone, he or she knows that there will be a full year to wait (and save up money) before an even better new flagship iPhone launches. In Samsung's case, however, there's a much shorter buffer in between flagship releases. In the first half of each year, Samsung updates its Galaxy S lineup. The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are the company's flagship smartphones for the first half of 2017 and as you read in our Galaxy S8 review, they're incredible. Then, in the second half of 2017, Samsung will update its Note line with the all-new Galaxy Note 8. If the Note 8 looks anything like this, Galaxy S8 and S8+ owners should prepare to be very, very jealous. Graphic designer Muhsin M. Belaal Auckburaully teamed up with YouTube channel DBS Designing to completely reimagine Samsung's Galaxy Note series using design cues from the Galaxy S8 along with rumors we've heard so far. The results, as you can see, are absolutely stunning.

Unlike most concept smartphones we see out there, this Galaxy Note 8 is actually rooted in reality. It likely doesn't look exactly like the Note 8 Samsung will release later this year, but we're willing to bet that it's close. Hopefully Samsung sticks with the precedent set by the Galaxy S8, however, and ditches that distracting logo from the front of the phone.

Source

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If this is what I can expect from the Note8, then I'm getting it and no recall is going to take it away from me. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
If this is what I can expect from the Note8, then I'm getting it and no recall is going to take it away from me. Can't wait.

Yup I will be getting rid of the Pixel XL.When it gets released!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Two rebuttals.

1) I want this Synaptics announces an under-glass fingerprint sensor

2) I highly doubt it will be released with 8.0. instead it will be getting "8.0 soon.....later this year", which means international phones will get the update before the year ends, vzw will likely get it maybe in that mid December window, and att phones will get it in February after everyone else has updated both their note and Galaxy 8 phones to 8.0.

Other than that I'm thinking the note 8 could be crowned phone of 2017.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I also wondered if the release of 8.0 would be early enough for the Note 8.

I think you may be right, pc; it will be the crowned phone of 2017. I can't see Apple beating this phone with these specs and sdcard expansion.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Sorry, but "rumoured" or "concept" phones mean nothing to me. Unlike some people, i have the patience to wait for the real deal. Wishing and hoping doesn't make it so.:p

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Sorry, but "rumoured" or "concept" phones mean nothing to me. Unlike some people, i have the patience to wait for the real deal. Wishing and hoping doesn't make it so.:p

Dreamsmasher!!! Lol JK....
Some people like to follow the rumors and dream... I'm one of them!

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Boooooooooooooo! Don't rain on our Parade!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Dreamsmasher!!! Lol JK....
Some people like to follow the rumors and dream... I'm one of them!

OK, but usually the rumors turn out to be untrue. It winds up being a let down, especially if one of the rumors is exactly what you've been hoping for. Keep dreaming.:p

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
OK, but usually the rumors turn out to be untrue. It winds up being a let down, especially if one of the rumors is exactly what you've been hoping for. Keep dreaming.:p

Oh I will keep dreaming!

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
5.7" to 6.0" would do it for me. Anything bigger and i might as well buy a mini tablet.:p