Before I go to ICS Leak..

altjx

Reaction score
Before I upgrade to ICS Leak, I want to be sure and aware of a few things...

So far, I'm running on 6.12.181.XT912 and have backed up all of my apps + system data using Titanium Backup. Does anyone know where I could find the latest ICS leak link? Unless this is it (New Ics Build 6.14.84.xt912 - DroidRzr.com)?

Also, if there are any system updates released by Verizon after I upgrade to ICS leak, what do I have to do in order to successfully update without any issues?

Thanks for anyone's help.

jeverts

Reaction score
Why don't you wait, seems like ics may be imminent...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Why don't you wait, seems like ics may be imminent...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't mind waiting, but I didn't know how close to it we were. I know it was suppose to come within this or next month... But if there's no harm (and easy) going from ICS leak to ICS, that would be great too.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind waiting, but I didn't know how close to it we were. I know it was suppose to come within this or next month... But if there's no harm (and easy) going from ICS leak to ICS, that would be great too.

ICS won't be coming until mid to late June.

As for the leaks. Stay away from the leaks numbered .84, .85, .203, & .204. All four of those leaks will leave you stuck on that with no way to get back to 181 and likely no way to get on the official ICS when it comes.

If you really want to check out an ICS leak, .79 is safe.

However, to your question about going from ICS leak to ota when it comes....not possible. But with .79, you can go back to 181 later when the official ota comes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Jungle King 76 said:
ICS won't be coming until mid to late June.

As for the leaks. Stay away from the leaks numbered .84, .85, .203, & .204. All four of those leaks will leave you stuck on that with no way to get back to 181 and likely no way to get on the official ICS when it comes.

If you really want to check out an ICS leak, .79 is safe.

However, to your question about going from ICS leak to ota when it comes....not possible. But with .79, you can go back to 181 later when the official ota comes.

Nice. Sounds interesting. Was that link a legitimate one for rooting my device? And the latest? Thanks for giving me this info.

Reaction score
Nice. Sounds interesting. Was that link a legitimate one for rooting my device? And the latest? Thanks for giving me this info.

Negative. That link above is for .84 which is not safe to flash.....unless you don't mind being stuck.

Update: Here is one link you will want. Make sure you read thoroughly, then download the utility (it is big so will take a while). This utility will allow you to root your phone, and you will need this utility later in order to go back to 181 when the official ota comes out.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2100745

Last edited:
OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Jungle King 76 said:
Negative. That link above is for .84 which is not safe to flash.....unless you don't mind being stuck.

I will post links here in a minute.

Oh ok. Thanks!!

Reaction score
Altjx...

After you download the utility from the link i posted above and root your phone. Follow the link below to get the latest (safest) ICS leak ( version 6.14.79).

Again, please read thoroughly to make sure you feel comfortable. If you follow steps given in both threads, you will be safe.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/...Fastbootable-Back-To-Gingerbread!]#entry44235

Note: I could not find a link to download this on these forums so the above link will take you to another forum. You will have to register there in order to download the file.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Jungle King 76 said:
Altjx...

After you download the utility from the link i posted above and root your phone. Follow the link below to get the latest (safest) ICS leak ( version 6.14.79).

Again, please read thoroughly to make sure you feel comfortable. If you follow steps given in both threads, you will be safe.

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/2217-How-To-Install-Ics-6.14.79-[It's-Fastbootable-Back-To-Gingerbread!]#entry44235

Note: I could not find a link to download this on these forums so the above link will take you to another forum. You will have to register there in order to download the file.

Thanks man! Going to follow this right after my movie :)