beautiful live weather

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone use this live wallpaper? in the market it says the wallpaper will change depends on the weather, but after i install the beautiful widget, the wallpaper still the same, wont change like the weather, anyone use this too?

I gave it a try. When I used it the day was bright and sunny and the sun did move according to the time of day, but I just didn't like the blades of grass thing. I preferred my "water" live wallpaper.

Also after I changed back to my old wallpaper every time I pressed on the home screen the message would come up for installing BW live wallpaper so I uninstalled it.
There is an option to take the grass off the screen you know. It's in settings.

I don't mind the grass and I did try it without the grass. It just didn't do anything when I tapped on it like they said it would.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love it...
its raining and storming here...
No issues..went with TAMA's reco...
CHECK CPU HOG
15 FPS
Using the grass on ADW and LP..
The lightning is off the hook. The Fog leaves a bit to be desired..its like a mini cloud hovering over the grass..no animation to that...
but the lightning is sweet and so is the clouds..
No issues with FCs on either launcher...
disabling the grass does help smooth it out...

Saw lightning only once, within BW, not on the wallpaper. I didn't know about fog. So fog is all I'm waiting to see. And tornadoes...if they exist. Haven't seen hail either, dunno if that one exists but we had some good hail the other night while I was sleeping.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I love it...
CHECK CPU HOG
15 FPS
The lightning is off the hook. The Fog leaves a bit to be desired..its like a mini cloud hovering over the grass..no animation to that...

Saw lightning only once, within BW, not on the wallpaper. I didn't know about fog. So fog is all I'm waiting to see. And tornadoes...if they exist. Haven't seen hail either, dunno if that one exists but we had some good hail the other night while I was sleeping.

On the LWP, the lightning causes a flash on your screen to make your screen momentarily white...a lil transparent but still almost all white, and then you will see a streak of lighting coming from the clouds down into the grass. Pretty nice..the fog would be sweet if you could see it fading in an out of the grass..that would have been nice..
SO rain, thunderstorms so far, no hail yet, no tornadoes an no hurricanes.
lol :D yet...Not like i am waiting for bad weather to see if it works.

But..if so..I will report to you live in the middle of a tornado and say
IT WORKS!! LOOK!! and then get my ass swept away. hahaha

Chillson

Reaction score
This is pretty sweet, been using beautiful widgets and such since I got my Droid in November. My only question is, will they soon implement the compatibility for swiping across all screens?

motodroid34

Reaction score
I love it...
CHECK CPU HOG
15 FPS

You most have a super droid. Cus my phone gets so slow sssslllooowwwww.

nice but nooooooooooooo. no way my friend. to slow. and I pay for beautiful widgets F(u)cK :icon_evil:

Last edited:

FrostMan

Reaction score
Ahh Cali weather will be sunny for the next 5-6 months. Looks like I wont be seeing much difference in my LWP anytime soon :/

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I love it...
CHECK CPU HOG
15 FPS

nice but nooooooooooooo. no way my friend. to slow. and I pay for beautiful widgets F(u)cK :icon_evil:

He said he cheks CPU HOG and puts it on 15FPS. This makes it so your phone devotes more resources to keeping the live wallpaper (and your desktop) running nice and fast. However; it does take up more battery power.

Does anyone know how much battery power your saving by disabling cpu hog and, say, leaving it on at 10 or 15 fps?

armeddroid

Reaction score
I love it...
CHECK CPU HOG
15 FPS
The lightning i

Oh no.. no super Droid. Heh. Not even rooted. Str8 stock. Switching between ADW and LP launchers and that's it.
W/or w/o grass on both. And it runs well with those settings. The grass does slow it down. < lol
But it runs decent.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk