Beats Audio with PowerAmp?

jkidd16

Reaction score
I installed Simplex v1.3 ROM yesterday night. Everything is working fantastic. I'm wondering if I can use the exceptional Beats Audio effects that EmericanX implemented with the Poweramp app.When I was changing the effects for Beats Audio Controls while the Poweramp music was playing, the sound wasn't being effected. But when I used Play Music from google, it worked. I guess Beats Audio can't work with other music apps? Does anyone know if the effects work with it because I'm diggin the nice sound that Beats Audio gives, and it's easier to change the effects than messing with the equalizer in Poweramp..

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Poweramp seems to use its own audio engine, so anything you try in DSPManager or a beats mod only seems to work with, say, google play. Took me a while to figure that out, but honestly I wasn't too bummed. Beats audio and poweramp (with bass eq) don't sound a whole lot different.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
jkidd16

jkidd16

Reaction score
Thanks. And yeah I pretty much thought that was the cause but was hoping for a way around it. There isn't that much of difference between beats audio equalizer. Beats audio is just simpler lol and cooler to say that you're using beats audio haha.