BB to Droid

benito0103

Reaction score
So my name is Ben ive used BB for the past 6 yrs and have had droid for bout month like some things bout it but dont like others.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Ben, care to share your dislikes with droid? I've been rockin the droid since November and I've found a solution to pretty much every issue i've ever had with it mostly due to all the help i've got around droidforums. No guarantees but I'll give it my best shot

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pistolpete837

Reaction score
I have a bb, my droid is in the mail. share what issues you have, ill be on the lookout.

chromashadows

Reaction score
I went from a BB to the Droid and the hardest to me to get used to the change was indeed the touch keyboard. Give it between 2 weeks and a month and you'll be using it like no problem. Granted you cant blind type but it WILL become easy. I hated my Droid for the first 2 weeks because of having to delete every other letter, every second word, etc. I was cussing horribly!

The best thing you want to do is download a few apps that will help a LOT:

Advanced Task Killer Free. Thing is great to shut off the apps that run that you don't even USE and drain battery.

Handsent SMS is better than the droid version for texts; you can also download Thickbuttons; kinda makes the buttons get bigger as you type (takes some getting used to but wow, it rocks)

Youmail.
dont let verizon charge you for their voicemail when Youmail does it all for you for free.

Zedge: 8008080808 ringtones and wallpapers for free. Enjoy that one! ^_^

Antivirus: if you wish. Helps you to make sure those apps are free of crawlies.

SteamyWindows: just cuz it's addicting and fun.

ScreenSuite: cool app that locks your phone while you talk so that it doesn't hang up on you or mute the caller. XD

Weatherbug: great app for weather instantly.

The rest you get will be to your taste if you like the above or not.

OH. To get 7 screens, just download the Helix Launcher. MUCH better than 3 screens! To access the 7, just hit the 4 slash button on the bottom in between the back arrow and home key. You'll see an option (after you download Helix) Which will say 'configure'; at the top of that will be the option to change to 1-7 screens.

^_^ any other questions cuz there is a LOT of shortcuts and how-to's with the Droids that save time, are pretty awesome, etc.

OP
B

benito0103

Reaction score
I guess the 2 complains i have now are i cant figure out which i like best the touchkeyboard or the physical keyboard i know i should give it some time to get used to but neithet of the 3 feel natural to me by 3 i mean the physical or turned upright or sideways. Then the other complain is it is a little slow on the internet sometimes but I believe it may be ak overlooad of internet traffic maybe i guess sometimes its fast then other times its a turtle. Dont get me wrong I do like it its my firt touch so getting used to it is all it is to it. Thanks for the tips on apps to download. I have downloaded vnc and like connecting to my wifi then vnc to my desktop and controlling my computer from anywhere in my house turnin on music while family was watching tv was funny messing with them. Also ES file explorer is another app I have enjoyed connectingto wifi again and navigating to my desktop shared drive and downloading files to the droid is cool and I believe the best thing about this lil guy is bluetooth works MUCH better than any of the BB i have ever had. I use bluetooth in the car to play pandora and talk on the phone. My car has a pioneer stereo and the 2 sync very smoothly. So as youll can probably tell my likes outweigh the dislikes.