BB Storm -> Droid.....WOW!

FarSide

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I just picked up my Droid yesterday and, needless to say, coming from a BB Storm I'm thoroughly impressed. The speed that the phone does things is just incredible, and I especially love how seeing as all my contacts were synced to google....as soon as I initially setup my gmail addres on the phone, it immediately pulled all that info over!

Quick question though. I've downloaded the app Better Keyboard in the hopes that it would display the SureType style keyboard that I had grown so accustomed to on the Storm, but I can't seem to make it imitate that keyboard :( I believe it is called the Compact QWERTY option, but the only views that I can change to are t9 and that ridiculous l337 mode. Any suggestions???

Otherwise, GREAT PHONE!!!!!

OP
FarSide

FarSide

Reaction score
Thank you for the greetz Tigger! I'm sure you will love the Droid. The physical keyboard is a bit different to type on, but I'm not going to talk it down. It will just take a little time to get used to!

Also, in terms of that keyboard I'm looking for...let me share a quick img from the better keyboard site....if THEY can do it, why can't I!?

preditcive-text.png

OP
FarSide

FarSide

Reaction score
Yes. Sorry to be vague! When I go into the Better Keyboard settings, there are only a couple settings that I see could have any effect on the keyboard layout. These are some of the options (that appear in this order under the "Auto-capitalization" check box):

- Multi-tap for compact keyboards
- Predictive text for search box
- Use T9 keyboard
- Use Leet keyboard
- Keyboard Gesture

Then the skins and fonts settings and etc....

I don't see where I would enable the program to make the portrait keyboard appear as the picture above :( If I choose T9, it shows up as a number pad (to be expected) but nothing will create the 2 key/button layout :( and for the record I'm running version 3.5.x

Last edited: