Battery too low to SBF?

Soxfan913

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm trying to SBF my phone, and at the bootloader screen it says battery too low. Problem is that I cannot charge it, because the phone is stuck at the M logo after messing up a ROM install. So, is there a way to charge it? Or am I screwed?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm trying to SBF my phone, and at the bootloader screen it says battery too low. Problem is that I cannot charge it, because the phone is stuck at the M logo after messing up a ROM install. So, is there a way to charge it? Or am I screwed?

If you have the D2 attached to the charger with it off, it doesn't charge? Why wouldn't it? A D2 you can turn off and charge, unlike a D1.

OP
S

Soxfan913

Reaction score
Well, it just hangs at the M logo. I can't get past it. So when its plugged in and at the M logo, the charging LED on the side is off, so I don't think it is charging.

Just followed you on Twitter as well. Go Raiders

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use another droid device to charge your battery or see if vzw will allow you to charge your battery in one of their phones.

OP
S

Soxfan913

Reaction score
Yes, I need said instructions, I have a bunch of USBs to mess with. PM them to me please. I need them!

Thanks a lot!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...pt-battery-low-cannot-program.html#post994078

Or, if you don't want to jump over:

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

Credit to csealpcr for finding and posting it and whomever did the initial writeup. :)

OP
S

Soxfan913

Reaction score
Alright. Any suggestions on how to secure the wires to the battery connectors? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Transparent cellophane tape (Scotch tape, people call it). Or electrical tape (probably the best method). Of course, if you're tucking the battery back into the device with the wires attached then friction alone might hold them in place to flash the SBF -- I wouldn't want to leave the wires attached any longer than I had to unless I was timing it for a charge and knew exactly what I was doing to charge the battery partway.

ilesellit

Reaction score
Hi a had the same problem , i went and bought a cheap battery charger and charged my battery then proceed.dancedroid
now u can go to moterola.com/droid and download a usb drive to charge your phone using your pc.

ilesellit

Reaction score
buy cheap battery charger and charge your battery

i had the same problem buy a cheap battery charger and charge your battery
then proceed

OP
S

Soxfan913

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I'm trying on an old phone first, making sure I get it right. I'll let you guys know how it works.