Battery Overheating

Faithfill

Reaction score
My battery overheats after using phone for over 20 minutes of usage. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
Not at all. I've run net flix for 4+ hours in a case without any real heat issues.Thinking you have a defective phone or battery. I'd have it replaced.

Taegost

Reaction score
It's not necessarily overheating, but getting hot... It's a powerful processor in there, when it gets going, it generates a lot of heat.
Turning it from Performance to Normal in the Power Settings will probably help alleviate that so it doesn't run full tilt all the time.

xptian

Reaction score
My phone warms up a bit, it only happened once and it was in a case. I took it out of the case to feet a better feel and it wasn't nearly as hot as my D2G used to get. The D2G was xbox 360 hot sometimes.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My battery over heats, while on charger. Then it will reboot over and over again until I pull the battery and let it cool down and then do a factory rest.:angry: Its going back today finally for a new one, on the 14 return policy.

thechemist45

Reaction score
Hi I just had the same problem with my samsung stratosphere I upgraded to the larger battery and it stopped the battery given to you is never enough as these phones are full computers the battery they give you will just get fried and melt the phone practically get the larger battery and you will be good to go

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DroidForums

thechemist45

Reaction score
I called them and told them about it and because it's its under a month they're having me just add10 dollars and I'm getting the 3000 watt instead of the 1800 that came with it that will be like 75 percent more power do that

Taegost

Reaction score
I called them and told them about it and because it's its under a month they're having me just add10 dollars and I'm getting the 3000 watt instead of the 1800 that came with it that will be like 75 percent more power do that

I'm thinking of getting an extended battery, but I think jumping from 1800 to 3000mAh will be a brick like it was on my OG droid... I liked the extended battery for my D2, it wasn't a huge jump, but it also wasn't much bigger then stock.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Your battery may be getting hot, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "overheating". As per email from HTC Tech Support, for the Rezound a battery temp of 50 degrees Celsius (122 degrees F) or lower is within normal limits. Dial *#*#4636#*#* and hit "Battery Information". You'll get a continuous readout of battery temp. Better yet, just download Phone Overheat Alert . Keep the main window of the app displayed while you're charging and monitor the battery temp. This will show you if your battery is heating within normal specs. Mine gets warm as it nears a full charge. Once fully charged, it cools drastically. However, the heating is ALWAYS within specs. HTC said once your phone is fully charged, it switches to battery power. It does NOT trickle charge. Download Battery Notifier (Big Text). It shows battery level in increments of 1%. It also changes colors as the charge depletes. If you'll notice, once your charge reaches 100%, if you use the phone even though still plugged in, the charge will sometimes drop to 98 or 99%. This confirms what HTC told me....that it's using the battery and not AC once the battery reaches full charge.

RH

OP
F

Faithfill

Reaction score
It have both extended and a standard battery and it does it on both. Not all the time but enough to raise concern. I have a battery widget that gives the temperature of the battery.

OP
F

Faithfill

Reaction score
I've gotten up to 49.2C. And the widget will say overheating

L

leroybrute

I've gotten up to 49.2C. And the widget will say overheating

That is 120.5 fahrenheit. I have been to 115 playing games or browsing with it plugged in. your not supposed to use it while plugged in but I always have. My x2 always runs 119 to 126 and as high as 133degrees. now thats hot. One thing I always do when I push all my phones is take the case off and when it starts getting hot unhook the charger.
120 is pretty warm but it's not considered overheating until 125 from what I have been told

lexygirl

Reaction score
My Battery Overheated while idle

On Saturday, December 10, my 2 week old HTC Rezound's battery overheated. It had not done this previously. The phone was not in use. It was in my pruse where it has been many times and never overheated. When I took the phone out to use it, it was very hot to the touch. After several people handled the phone and all agreed it was excessively hot, we decided to remove the battery. The battery was HOT. We let the battery coold down then reinserted it back into the phone. It did not over heat again. However, the next day my husband and I went to the nearest Verizon store where a sales associate contacted HTC customer service where the call was immediately escalated to mid-tier support. HTC decided to send me a new battery. I received it yesterday and now it is a 'wait and see' proposition.
The old batttery never reheated from the time I took it out to when I removed it 3 days later to insert the new battery.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
If you have a case the battery will also get warmer because the case will act like an insulator. The screen and processor use a lot of energy so that will generate a lot of heat as well. Normally my phone never goes above 90F while charging.. unless I am using the phone. This morning it got as warm as 112 while charging, listening to Sirius, and surfing the net. (all screen on as the screen generates a lot of heat)