Battery life

kelos

Reaction score
Been lurking in the forums for awhile now, and seeing many of you enjoying good battery life. Personally, not getting great results from my bionic battery. This is my first Android. Actually upgraded from an Alias 2. Needless to say, big jump for me. First off, haven't upgraded till extended battery yet and still rolling with the stock battery. Planning on buying extended battery this week. Like I said, been lurking around here a bit so seen some of the typical advice on how to extend your battery. So far, I've followed such advice as turning off wifi and 4g. I disabled background data. I believe I disabled data sync. I've turned down my display brightness. I've fully discharged and fully recharged my battery a few times (actually doing that again as I type). However, during the course of the day, I'm burning through my battery. Using the phone for a few calls, nothing long. A bunch of texts. Play games such as words with friends during the course of the day. Light browsing. Really don't think I'm overusing the phone and running out the battery. When I look at battery usage, cell standby and phone idle is always top of the list by quite a bit. So anyone have any advice or tips for a first time droid user?

Import roller

Reaction score
my battery life seems to be slowly getting a little worse too compared to day one. haven't figured out how to fix the problem yet. But I'm still searching the forums for answers without having to root it. I'm holding off on rooting this until i know I won't have any real problems

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Try this:

Let your bionic completely die. Then plug it in and just let it charge up. After that use it till it completely dies again.

That MAY help

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually from what I've read you should never let it discharge completely.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scdown

Reaction score
Actually from what I've read you should never let it discharge completely.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Agreed that the battery shouldn't discharge completely, but I thought that there was still some charge left in the battery when Android reaches "zero" and shuts down?

Infiniti87

Reaction score
When the phone shuts off there is still a charge in the battery so don't worry about that. You can't drain the battery 100% with the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk