Battery life compared to Turbo?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just wondering how the battery life stacks up to the original Droid turbo?

Also I'm wondering, I love the idea of the accessories, but I saw some old articles the Turbo 3 might be coming in October...however I'm not seeing a lot on it. I was always planning to get the Turbo successor, so from everyone's professional experience, is the Z the way to go? I know that's kind of a 'spiritual' successor, yeah? Has the Turbo 3 been cancelled or anything? Any input much appreciated!!

fed123

Reaction score
I didn't have the turbo but have the original droid maxx and find that the battery is equivalent in all respects, but charges much, much, faster with its turbo charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fed123

Reaction score
P.S. This is without the battery mod.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just wondering how the battery life stacks up to the original Droid turbo?

Also I'm wondering, I love the idea of the accessories, but I saw some old articles the Turbo 3 might be coming in October...however I'm not seeing a lot on it. I was always planning to get the Turbo successor, so from everyone's professional experience, is the Z the way to go? I know that's kind of a 'spiritual' successor, yeah? Has the Turbo 3 been cancelled or anything? Any input much appreciated!!
So far the rumored Turbo 3 is just that...rumor. There are renderings of what some think it could look like or would hope for but I've yet to see credible evidence of this unicorn. Everyone seems to think that the Z and Z Force Droid are the successor to the Turbo 2.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Zforce is probably going to be superior with the mod and approximately equal without..that's a guess..but there's so many variables..the screen, processor use , apps ui apps that hang..and on..but with that battery pack..ya can't go wrong with the ultra..

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
The battery life in the Z Force seems to be very similar to my Turbo 2 I moved out of. However, putting the battery mod on, I'm still sitting at around 80% when I finish out my day -- ~ 18 hours of moderate use.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Turbo 1 battery is a bit better. I went from the T1 to the Force so I have experience with both. I routinely got 36-48 hours out of a charge on the T1 and I get 24-36 hours out of the Force. The battery is still awesome compared to almost any other phone, so it doesn't bother me at all. Just my 2 cents.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Daughter had an all day band competition. Leave house at about 6:50am get home at about 12:30am with 40% battery. The Droid 2 I had was good but not that good.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
6:50am to 12:30 am?!? Holy Sousaphone, Batman, that's a long band competition. My wife is the band secretary (Band Aid, haha, hilarious huh?) for our high school band. We've had five of our kids go through the program so I've spent many hours at band competitions...definitely need good battery life for those. I do lots of football watching on my phone during those....sorry, I mean I watch each band intently and pay close attention to the entire competition.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Thanks everyone so much for your responses. I decided to go with the Z Force. So far I'd say it's about the same but maybe only SLIGHTLY weaker than my Turbo, only slightly, not enough to be a downside since it's still great.

However, there's something draining the battery that seems to fluctuate and I can't figure out what it is. I didn't have to charge it once for almost 2 days. I was quite impressed. Plugged it in till 99%, pulled it back out...the battery was draining twice as fast! So I reset the phone, seems to be about equal to the first day for awhile, then suddenly it's draining twice as fast again. I expected it to drain a bit faster since I was still setting things up and whatnot, but I really didn't set up THAT much, just basic stuff. I have a feeling it's Verizon's Messaging+ app, which I do like because it syncs with all my devices and let's me get texts on my tablet as well...so it might be trying to constantly sync or something, or it's Facebook, which can always be an elusive battery drainer...

This is my problem with Androids auto re-download of apps. I do like it in theory. But I wish it would give me a check list or something first before installing 100 apps, or at least make it much clearer when it asks if that's what you want to do instead of lumping it in with "automatically restore" which I always think just includes contacts, Google cloud pics, and text messages etc.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks everyone so much for your responses. I decided to go with the Z Force. So far I'd say it's about the same but maybe only SLIGHTLY weaker than my Turbo, only slightly, not enough to be a downside since it's still great.

However, there's something draining the battery that seems to fluctuate and I can't figure out what it is. I didn't have to charge it once for almost 2 days. I was quite impressed. Plugged it in till 99%, pulled it back out...the battery was draining twice as fast! So I reset the phone, seems to be about equal to the first day for awhile, then suddenly it's draining twice as fast again. I expected it to drain a bit faster since I was still setting things up and whatnot, but I really didn't set up THAT much, just basic stuff. I have a feeling it's Verizon's Messaging+ app, which I do like because it syncs with all my devices and let's me get texts on my tablet as well...so it might be trying to constantly sync or something, or it's Facebook, which can always be an elusive battery drainer...

This is my problem with Androids auto re-download of apps. I do like it in theory. But I wish it would give me a check list or something first before installing 100 apps, or at least make it much clearer when it asks if that's what you want to do instead of lumping it in with "automatically restore" which I always think just includes contacts, Google cloud pics, and text messages etc.
Sorry to hear things aren't starting off so good for you. This should be an easy, seamless process. But in my experience it is not. I start off with a fresh phone and manually install apps a few at a time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Sorry to hear things aren't starting off so good for you. This should be an easy, seamless process. But in my experience it is not. I start off with a fresh phone and manually install apps a few at a time.

Well I wouldn't say it hasn't been a good start, overall I do love the phone, I'm so addicted to the fingerprint sensor I can't get over it. I actually like how it lengthens the phone, it fits great in my hand and will fit even better with a slim case. Some things will need adjusting to but nothing I can't get the hang of. I only upgrade now every 18ish months, so setting it up once almost every 2 years, I always forget auto-restore refers to the apps too...then I realize it immediately after, and say "well that was 2 years ago, surely they've figured out how to pull it off by now!" Yeah, no.

With the battery I can tell it's a setting thing and not the battery itself, SOMETHING is needlessly draining it...so now I just have to figure out what that is. Probably going to go through and uninstall most of the apps that I didn't immediately set up, but yeah...the auto-download has never been easy or seamless for me either. Shame...

I'm really leaning towards the VZ Messaging+ app. Stock messengers have always sucked in my experience, but I really like the features of this one, sooo hopefully I can work it out.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well I wouldn't say it hasn't been a good start, overall I do love the phone, I'm so addicted to the fingerprint sensor I can't get over it. I actually like how it lengthens the phone, it fits great in my hand and will fit even better with a slim case. Some things will need adjusting to but nothing I can't get the hang of. I only upgrade now every 18ish months, so setting it up once almost every 2 years, I always forget auto-restore refers to the apps too...then I realize it immediately after, and say "well that was 2 years ago, surely they've figured out how to pull it off by now!" Yeah, no.

With the battery I can tell it's a setting thing and not the battery itself, SOMETHING is needlessly draining it...so now I just have to figure out what that is. Probably going to go through and uninstall most of the apps that I didn't immediately set up, but yeah...the auto-download has never been easy or seamless for me either. Shame...

I'm really leaning towards the VZ Messaging+ app. Stock messengers have always sucked in my experience, but I really like the features of this one, sooo hopefully I can work it out.
I setup Message + on my Turbo 2 because of WiFi texting for an upcoming overseas trip. It drains my battery a little bit, but not drastic. Hopefully you can figure out the problem app and get things working smooth.