Battery life...5 to 6 hours

andruszko

Reaction score
Okay, so I've been using the first SD rom made for the droid 3 for awhile now. My battery obviously has lost some capacity, plus with all the junk I had on my phone I wasn't getting the same battery life anymore. It only lasted about a day with medium to heavy usage.

I figured it was time to upgrade! I sbf'd, then flashed the new rom as per instructions, installed my own launcher and go sms, and went at it. I ended up removing my launcher, and go sms, turned off gps and wifi, turned on the battery saving feature which disables 3g, and make sure I have no programs running. I only get around 4-5 hours on the ICS build with light text usage.

Already drained my battery twice, and charged it to 100 while the phone was off, and reset the battery stats beforehand.

Is something wrong here? Or should I try going back to gingerbread?

Dom1000

Reaction score
i had bad battery life on sd5.6 also but i forgot about the governer...i downgraded back to 5.5 and left it like that for a while i got better but it still wasn't what i had before upgrading. so i looked around and under rom control, performance and click scaling governer and set it to ondemand and then check "set cpu at boot" idk if that does anything with the governer but just to be safe. after i changed the gov to this i still have about 30% at 9:00 at night after taking it off the charger at 100% at 8am and texting/calling basically all day. So i would try that on 5.6 and let me know if it works cause I might upgrade again.

hope that helps.

Dom1000

Reaction score
Here is a couple of screenshots that I took yesterday...this is my normal use I guess you could say...texting all day and a few calls as well because my job requires me to use my phone to test. Also I have the extended battery for the d3 so that could make a difference as well...but you should still see some change in the batt life on reg battery.
Both screenshots are in the same day just wanted to get one at the latest possible time.
Now if your on the phone playing games and stuff then it will kill the battery right now its only about 11 and my battery is at 35% because I've been sitting in class playing minecraft haha

ForumRunner_20121011_104714.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121011_104725.png
    ForumRunner_20121011_104725.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 366