Battery issues

Reaction score
My moms Droid 1 is having multiple battery issues. She has replaced the phone many times and even bought new batteries hoping it would fix the problem.. it didn't. She plugged her battery in my sisters Droid one and it charged fine even held the charge the thing is this is her fifth replacement and nothings working any ideas? Her phone also freezes for a long period of time and the screen bounces up and down too. I hope for a quick reply thanks

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

AngryHatter

Reaction score
How many apps installed...which ones?
OEM batteries?

I had lag and battery issues; I got rid of my launcher and changed a few settings.
Without knowing the particulars it's hard to say what you should do.

OP
D
Reaction score
It's a li- lon battery and she has the stock battery also she has six aps. She has three different angry birds yahoo messenger yahoo mail and v cast music everything else she can't delete. Like i said its not the battery my sister has her phone also and charges her battery full charge and it last. My mom has gone threw four phones all same issues.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
When I had to get a replacement - it took VZW four refurbs before I got one that worked.
I had one that would charge and then discharge when connected to the charger.
I'd suggest try again.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My moms Droid 1 is having multiple battery issues. She has replaced the phone many times and even bought new batteries hoping it would fix the problem.. it didn't. She plugged her battery in my sisters Droid one and it charged fine even held the charge the thing is this is her fifth replacement and nothings working any ideas? Her phone also freezes for a long period of time and the screen bounces up and down too. I hope for a quick reply thanks

The "screen bounces up and down" really sounds like it's being charged with a non-motorola charger. My Droid was very sensitive to that and the screen would just go nuts.

the "phone freezes" sounds like there is some app that isn't working as it should or there is some interference between either apps and or apps and system. I would recommend that she do a factory hard reset. And on my original Droid I found that it really liked being rebooted about once every day or so.

Also, I never had any real success with aftermarket batteries. I ended up only using the stock battery and later the extended battery made for the D2.

Good luck.