Battery Issues Any Better Now?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I have had this phone a few days and the battery life is ABYSMAL! The first night I left it unplugged and only lost 9% and thought it wasn't so bad. Then the next night it dropped from 85% to 7%. Then this morning I wake up and it's dead?! This is while on WiFi too ...
I have tried all the little tricks I did on my OG Droid but no luck. How the hell could HTC and Verizon let this thing drop with such a sh***y battery? I shouldn't have to drop $50 bucks on an extended battery (or have to root the device) in order to enjoy it ...

Edit: it just dawned on me that I installed launcher pro plus on it the other day. Not sure if it's at all related, but I will uninstall it today and see if there is an improvement.
It's you. There is plenty of proof posted earlier that this phone can last for well over 24 hours with light to medium use.

Perhaps you're right lol. I found a post on here (sorry no link) with some battery tips, most I was doing but there were I few a was not. That and I uninstalled LP+ ... Thus far I have noticed a difference. Still disappointed HTC and Verizon would let this device drop with such a skimpy battery ... IMO you shouldn't have to go crazy searching for battery improvement tips, buy an extended battery or root the device to get decent battery life. Just my $0.02

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
People who claim 24 hr use are full of ****.

I know a enough about phones to know that just isn't possible.

Maybe with an extended life battery and ultra low voltage kernal. Then you can 24 hours of light use.

sent from my thunderbolt

Ryukashin

Reaction score
People who claim 24 hr use are full of ****.

I know a enough about phones to know that just isn't possible.

Maybe with an extended life battery and ultra low voltage kernal. Then you can 24 hours of light use.

sent from my thunderbolt

i easily get 24 hours with stock battery and voltage with light use. its completely possible

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Now, I am by no means trying to encourage or persuade anybody with this post ... but I rooted this morning and have noticed a HUGE improvement. No custom ROM (yet), just deleted a big bulk of the preinstalled bloatware with Root Explorer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I kill a battery in 3 hours using phone as it is meant to be used but as most consider heavy use.

Light use with stock phone will get you 8 hours with screen dimmed, bt off, GPS off, and ensuring nothing runs in the background

sent from my thunderbolt

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Light use with stock phone will get you 8 hours with screen dimmed, bt off, GPS off, and ensuring nothing runs in the background

sent from my thunderbolt

It doesnt matter what phone it is, light use should get 12+ easily. If it doesnt then theres something up, either a rougue app or bad battery.... something. Could be any number of things.

Sent from an Angelic D2G

Ryukashin

Reaction score
GPS should be left on always if you ever actually use it, it doesn't drain the battery to leave the setting on and it give a quicker lock on when left on as opposed to turning it on right before you need it.

I really don't care about using the phone the way its meant to be used crap. everyone uses the phone differently, I use it mostly for calls, texting, and emails. I occasionally use gps, browser, and youtube.

For me, my normal use during the school semesters gives me about 10-12 hours per charge, so far my summer usage has given my 24+ hours per charge.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I kill a battery in 3 hours using phone as it is meant to be used but as most consider heavy use.

sent from my thunderbolt

With an extended battery you can't. I know because I watched 4 prison break episodes on a row (at work) in an area where 4G was on and off and it brought my phone up to 42 degrees celcius (so the battery was dying even quicker)...played a couple of games in angry birds, stupid zombies, arial attack etc. And my phone went the whole night at work. Even tethered a bit.

With light use and a big battery this thing can go a long time (4G on the whole time, no 3G or wifi). I text a lot, browse, and have a live wallpaper now and my phone goes about 3-4 hours before it drops from 100 to 99 percent. Then over a period of 8 hours or so it goes down to 90. But with more than just light use.

Again, 2750 battery

Ryukashin

Reaction score

sent from my thunderbolt

With an extended battery you can't. I know because I watched 4 prison break episodes on a row (at work) in an area where 4G was on and off and it brought my phone up to 42 degrees celcius (so the battery was dying even quicker)...played a couple of games in angry birds, stupid zombies, arial attack etc. And my phone went the whole night at work. Even tethered a bit.

With light use and a big battery this thing can go a long time (4G on the whole time, no 3G or wifi). I text a lot, browse, and have a live wallpaper now and my phone goes about 3-4 hours before it drops from 100 to 99 percent. Then over a period of 8 hours or so it goes down to 90. But with more than just light use.

Again, 2750 battery

True extended battery will give you at least a day of doing whatever you want with the phone.

Most though complain about the stock battery, which sure you can't do everything you did and expect very long battery life, but you can at least use the basic features (voice, text, email, web) and still get great battery life from the stock battery.

Though maybe someday I will invest in an extended battery and get at least half a week with light use and at least a day with heavy use. For now I get through a day before I put it on the charger anyways so I see no problem with the battery lol.

How do you like the extended battery as far as the bulge on the back?

rovagu22

Reaction score
I've had this phone for well over a month now and i don't know why people say the battery is so terrible. Yes, their are phones that have a better battery, but I can easily get 10+ hours a day with one charge. I get 4g everywhere i go, i use the gps, i text constantly, check my e-mails and do some playing from time to time and i don't seem to get the 3-5 hours everyone talks about.

I find this phone to be a fantastic phone and i would not trade it, the difference between 4g and 3g is huge! and the loading speed is awesome. Everything loads almost instantly.

Happy with the phone and battery.

iddanceaway

Reaction score
Have had my TB for just over a week. Battery life is still terrible despite making the many changes suggested in these forums--decreasing brightness, turning off auto updates, using wifi when I know I can get a connection, no moving wallpapers, etc. Tonight in 37 minutes with all of that in place I went from 100% to 87%. Had turned the screen on/off several times, sent two texts, otherwise was just looking at these forums.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Have had my TB for just over a week. Battery life is still terrible despite making the many changes suggested in these forums--decreasing brightness, turning off auto updates, using wifi when I know I can get a connection, no moving wallpapers, etc. Tonight in 37 minutes with all of that in place I went from 100% to 87%. Had turned the screen on/off several times, sent two texts, otherwise was just looking at these forums.

is it rooted?

iddanceaway

Reaction score
No. I'm a chicken... And a non-tech-savvie chicken at that. If I root it and then still decide to return it, do you know if they'll take it back?

alboboy10

Reaction score

sent from my thunderbolt

Again, 2750 battery

True extended battery will give you at least a day of doing whatever you want with the phone.

Most though complain about the stock battery, which sure you can't do everything you did and expect very long battery life, but you can at least use the basic features (voice, text, email, web) and still get great battery life from the stock battery.

Though maybe someday I will invest in an extended battery and get at least half a week with light use and at least a day with heavy use. For now I get through a day before I put it on the charger anyways so I see no problem with the battery lol.

How do you like the extended battery as far as the bulge on the back?

Check my previous post. Tbh it's not bad. I prefer the thin feel, but the pros of this battery outweigh the cons. It is a little bulky, but I don't like charging my phone a lot, I hate being careful with the battery and I hate turning 4g off. It charges slow also, maybe one of these days I'll install a different rom and see how much more battery improves

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anyone use the Motorola p793 power pack? Might get that instead of an extended brick.