Battery Issues Any Better Now?

iddanceaway

Reaction score
Have had my TB for just over a week. Battery life is still terrible despite making the many changes suggested in these forums--decreasing brightness, turning off auto updates, using wifi when I know I can get a connection, no moving wallpapers, etc. Tonight in 37 minutes with all of that in place I went from 100% to 87%. Had turned the screen on/off several times, sent two texts, otherwise was just looking at these forums.

is it rooted?

This morning I unplugged it at 100%. Played Angry Birds for 10 min. 52 sec. When I stopped and checked battery level, it was 54%. Screen at 1/3 brightness, usage didn't show anything odd running. So I plugged it back in to get ready for work. Then, about 15 minutes later, checked battery--50%. Turned off the screen more getting ready, finally unplugged, checked battery--47%. So while it was plugged in it was actually losing battery. Indicator light was on so it wasn't that. 3G mode. It has to be a bad battery--there's just no way. I'm going to try to hard reset it one more time today and charge it back up to see what happens.

Open to any additional suggestions, and I appreciate the feedback from yesterday!

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Have had my TB for just over a week. Battery life is still terrible despite making the many changes suggested in these forums--decreasing brightness, turning off auto updates, using wifi when I know I can get a connection, no moving wallpapers, etc. Tonight in 37 minutes with all of that in place I went from 100% to 87%. Had turned the screen on/off several times, sent two texts, otherwise was just looking at these forums.

is it rooted?

This morning I unplugged it at 100%. Played Angry Birds for 10 min. 52 sec. When I stopped and checked battery level, it was 54%. Screen at 1/3 brightness, usage didn't show anything odd running. So I plugged it back in to get ready for work. Then, about 15 minutes later, checked battery--50%. Turned off the screen more getting ready, finally unplugged, checked battery--47%. So while it was plugged in it was actually losing battery. Indicator light was on so it wasn't that. 3G mode. It has to be a bad battery--there's just no way. I'm going to try to hard reset it one more time today and charge it back up to see what happens.

Open to any additional suggestions, and I appreciate the feedback from yesterday!

I'd probably get verizon to give you a new battery first to try. Second, You can root your phone easily with the steps in one of the stickies of the thunderbolt forums, try it out and if you don't like it and want to take it back, I believe they have steps to unroot your phone and put it back at stock so you can take it back and they'll never know it was rooted.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
62a563f3-89fc-1be3.jpg

Stock battery, Das BAMF 1.6.3, multiple setcpu profiles, watchdog lite, and wifi/3g. Light use voice, text, email, web. Two days and still going. I'm going to set a record here lol
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
62a563f3-89fc-1be3.jpg

Stock battery, Das BAMF 1.6.3, multiple setcpu profiles, watchdog lite, and wifi/3g. Light use voice, text, email, web. Two days and still going. I'm going to set a record here lol

That's great actually but u must not be using it much. I can tell by the amount of battery being wasted on idle and standby.

This is mine with extended battery but I do a lot of texting and only 4g. I have some more things on the list that are killing the battery which didn't show on this picture. Including a live wallpaper.

And I have no roms.

What kernel are u using? The one that came with dasbamf?

Also one more thing...try this. There's a widget under htc widgets that turns off and on mobile...which is the internet. Why don't u put it on ur main screen, leave 4g on only and toggle that on and off when using it and see what the results are. It's really snappy I tried it but it didn't help that much...maybe it'll be better for you.

Last edited:

Ryukashin

Reaction score
62a563f3-89fc-1be3.jpg

That's great actually but u must not be using it much. I can tell by the amount of battery being wasted on idle and standby.

This is mine with extended battery but I do a lot of texting and only 4g. I have some more things on the list that are killing the battery which didn't show on this picture. Including a live wallpaper.

And I have no roms.

Also one more thing...try this. There's a widget under htc widgets that turns off and on mobile...which is the internet. Why don't u put it on ur main screen, leave 4g on only and toggle that on and off when using it and see what the results are. It's really snappy I tried it but it didn't help that much...maybe it'll be better for you.

yeah the stock kernel that comes with the rom. On the notification pull down they have that option but I'd rather get emails all the time then have to toggle network on/off.

Yeah not really using it much. Roughly 250 texts per day, about 13 emails a day, maybe three or less quick internet usages, and an occasional map or droid forum use. but yes most of this time has been the phone asleep.

alboboy10

Reaction score
62a563f3-89fc-1be3.jpg

And I have no roms.

yeah the stock kernel that comes with the rom. On the notification pull down they have that option but I'd rather get emails all the time then have to toggle network on/off.

Yeah not really using it much. Roughly 250 texts per day, about 13 emails a day, maybe three or less quick internet usages, and an occasional map or droid forum use. but yes most of this time has been the phone asleep.

that's a lot of texts. Your phone us getting great battery actually.

did it improve a lot after u installed the rom?

Ryukashin

Reaction score
yeah it is, I text my girlfriend alot and add it the various other texts I get and send from friends.

Yeah BAMF 1.6.3 has given me the best battery life so far. I'll try to use it a lot tomorrow on a full charge and see how long the battery lasts.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I might get that the remix version...there are so many idk what to choose lol

Ryukashin

Reaction score
I like the remix versions, plus I think they have more CPU frequencies to choose from unlike the nonthemed version where I have like 12 frequencies between 300 and 1800

geoff5093

Reaction score
62a563f3-89fc-1be3.jpg

Do you keep it in airplane mode at all?

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Nope never use airplane mode. I think a lot of my battery life comes from the near constant wifi connection during those screenshots.