Battery increments

Big Ry

Reaction score
Is there some reason that no ROMer/themer uses increments for the battery smaller than 5%? I know Ive flashed D1 ROMs that had increments of 5%...haven't seen any D2 ROMs though (only 10%). However, looking at my best friends iPhone, he has increments of 1%. I frequently hear him saying "Wow, my battery's at 2%...it usually cuts off at 3%". Why can't/don't we have the battery icon incremented by 1% in any ROMs/themes? Or are there ROMs/themes that do this and I've just completely missed them? lol

Jordan8

Reaction score
The phone its self only reports in 10% increments, no idea why :/

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
So is that the reason that I could get 5% increments on a D1...the OS can essentially be built from scratch while D2/DX cannot?

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think we could get 5 or even 1% increments on D2/DX. The battery xml's tell the device which image to display at that moment. Someone needs to edit the xml's to work in smaller increments. I've ported a few themes from galaxy s phones that have the images for 1% increments and if someone gave me some insight on editing xml's, id gladly take the time to make them work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

miketoasty

Reaction score
I think we could get 5 or even 1% increments on D2/DX. The battery xml's tell the device which image to display at that moment. Someone needs to edit the xml's to work in smaller increments. I've ported a few themes from galaxy s phones that have the images for 1% increments and if someone gave me some insight on editing xml's, id gladly take the time to make them work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sorry its not that simple.

The hardware that reads the battery level can only read in 10% (5% under 20%) intervals. Not sure why but hey, its motorola it wouldn't be the first time the screwed us over.