Battery heat

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with my battery lately, and i figure it had to do with the heat (we're getting over 100, and my car is getting probably up to 130 after sitting in the sun all day), but my phone has been overheating every day during my drive home. I drive with the windows down, and I'm not doing anything with the phone, but it just seems to keep getting hotter. Without doing anything, it spiked up over 125, and if i do anything with it (such as navigation), it can reach over 135. So, charging doesn't work during the drive home at all.

Is this normal? Should i check it out?

Sent from my ICS Bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There may be a runaway app or the phone trying to establish a connection. Anything that'll run the CPU a lot.

There's a battery app called GSam Battery Monitor (new name). It has charts showing battery temperature over time, as well as app suckers. It sits on your notifications bar and when you pulled the bar down it ahows Time Left and Battery Temperature. It's a good way to see when the temperature goes up.

OP
LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
There may be a runaway app or the phone trying to establish a connection. Anything that'll run the CPU a lot.

There's a battery app called GSam Battery Monitor (new name). It has charts showing battery temperature over time, as well as app suckers. It sits on your notifications bar and when you pulled the bar down it ahows Time Left and Battery Temperature. It's a good way to see when the temperature goes up.

I have it. I didn't realize it did that, though, so I'll look into it. Thanks!

Sent from my ICS Bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. :)

When you pull the bar down, touch the app. When that screen comes up press "Menu" and then "Charts."

OP
LaurelRaven

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
You're welcome. :)

When you pull the bar down, touch the app. When that screen comes up press "Menu" and then "Charts."

I did find that, but I was having trouble figuring out what was causing the problem. Maybe I'll post a screen capture next time it happens?

Sent from my K1 using Tapatalk 2