Battery fit question

BadDawg_1

Reaction score
Okay, so I've been looking at some extended life batteries. I found one on Amazon (MB810) The few reviews that it had were positive. One reviewer even said with a little work he could get the factory cover to fit. I was wondering if anyone has used this battery and done the same thing. I have both the car dock and home dock and if this battery would work well and still fit the docks I would be really tempted.

So any personal experience.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I have the extended battery from motorola, I think it's the same one you are referring to. I also have the multimedia dock and car dock, it fits with no problems at all. The original battery door will fit, but it is a tight squeeze (i use the door that came with the extended battery). I had also read where forcing the original cover could cause stress on the screen. It also still fits in my silicone cover. I am very happy with my extended battery.
63bef46c-2b2b-f2c8.jpg

63bef46c-2b39-7829.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

BadDawg_1

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response and info, Amazon should thank you too, you just sold a battery for them. I'll let them know they owe you a commission.

qman66

Reaction score
Okay, so I've been looking at some extended life batteries. I found one on Amazon (MB810) The few reviews that it had were positive. One reviewer even said with a little work he could get the factory cover to fit. I was wondering if anyone has used this battery and done the same thing. I have both the car dock and home dock and if this battery would work well and still fit the docks I would be really tempted.

So any personal experience.
No don't do that. I tried it and it is dangerous. It will eventually damage ur screen. When I pressed the middle part of the screen I started seeing black. What I do is use the phone without a battery cover and just put my hard case on it. Has been working great.

OP
B

BadDawg_1

Reaction score
Don't do which part, use the OEM cover on new batter, or Use new battery and new cover in Docking station. I think CJriddler22 said he used new battery and new cover and it still worked in the docking station.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Don't use the OEM cover with the thicker extended battery. The prongs that extend from the cover that slide into the slots on the phone are shorter on the stock cover and you have to push the cover down harder when trying to attach the cover to the phone when using the extended battery and that simply puts too much pressure on the battery and the screen.

The extended cover is hardly noticeable anyway so there's no reason not to use it unless you have a case/cover that ONLY fits the phone with a stock cover.

Yes, the extended battery and cover work fine in the multimedia dock and car dock. There's way more space than the new cover needs so there are no fit problems at all.

PFM

Reaction score
Extended Battery

Not as much run time as the larger ones but I've had great results with the slim extended battery from Seidio - and no need to replace the battery door.

seidioonline.com

OP
B

BadDawg_1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. It really helped to get me pointed in the right direction