battery drop

stitch96786

Reaction score
I notice that my battery will drop from 70% to 40%. Wondering if ny battery is no good. I use it minimal use.

Reaction score
Need a little more information to know what it is going on . You are just holding your phone and it will instantly go from 70% battery to 40% battery?

OP
S

stitch96786

Reaction score
My phone will be idle, then I either use data or send a text and o notice it drop to 40%. Has happened the same way twice.

Reaction score
It seems like the phone has been idle for awhile and maybe the battery is not refreshing. So whenever you use that data the phone is refreshing the battery information. But it is odd that it has gone from 70%-40% both times. Are you seeing this percentage on the battery info screen or a widget?

OP
S

stitch96786

Reaction score
It seems like the phone has been idle for awhile and maybe the battery is not refreshing. So whenever you use that data the phone is refreshing the battery information. But it is odd that it has gone from 70%-40% both times. Are you seeing this percentage on the battery info screen or a widget?

I see it on the top battery icon. Than when I go to the battery manager it shows 40%. I replaced a different battery so I will see if it is the same issue.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Try installing Battery Solo Widget (free from Market) and see if the readings correspond to your battery manager. It will make reading the battery easier and also allow you to see the battery temperature to help determine if something is "burning up your battery".

82DMC12

Reaction score
I installed circle battery widget and not Only does it look cool it seems to be balls-on accurate. The stock icon is very optimistic.

This battery lasts forever though. Im on 3g and had 20 hrs including 7 hrs idle while sleeping And light/moderate use rest of the time. Very pleased with battery life but it takes 2 hrs to recharge from 0%. OG took about 70 min. Oh well charge while im sleeping I guess.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
S

stitch96786

Reaction score
What is the optimal temperature that my battery should be running at. Even the new battery does the same. Drop from 70%-40%. Will monitor the widget and see if it happens again.