Battery drains when phone is locked if Kindle app was used

Chocula78

Reaction score
Ok, so I have noticed something strange that I can't figure out.

Let me set up a scenario:
I read an ebook on my kindle app before I go to sleep. When I am done reading, I don't clear out of the Kindle App - I just lock my phone. I then plug the phone in to charge overnight.

When I wake up and unplug my phone, I don't take it out of lock until I get to work. When I finally check the phone at work I find my battery has drained down to 80% in 1 hour and 55 minutes. The number one drain on the battery is the OS according to my battery statistics page.

I haven't used the phone once since I unplugged it when I woke up. Why the hell is my battery down to 80% if I haven't done ANYTHING on it? Even stranger is I have smart actions set up to turn off everything but my ability to receive calls and texts if the phone is locked, not charging, and not moving.

I am convinced it is the Kindle App. I don't use it to read before bed, the phone does not have this battery drain problem. Has anyone else noticed this?

SallyC

Reaction score
I use Kindle app but close it when I'm done. Just a habit I do with all apps. Do you have this if you close it before you go to sleep?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
Chocula78

Chocula78

Reaction score
I use Kindle app but close it when I'm done. Just a habit I do with all apps. Do you have this if you close it before you go to sleep?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No, I don't. Hence why it may be the Kindle App. I was hoping to find others who have this problem to confirm it's the Kindle app and not something else.

rockpilp

Reaction score
I have the same problem: if I don't close the Kindle app, my battery runs down very quickly even when I lock the phone.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I use the kindle app all the time. I usually just lock the phone and plug in to the charger. I used the Kindle app last night and my phone has been on battery for 13 hours and is at 70%.

The book I'm reading was not purchased through Amazon but was converted using Calibre. It does not sync with my Kindle so maybe the battery drain has something to do with sync between devices.