battery drain while plugged in

vort

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently flashed Sapphire version 1.1.1 from .8 something. Everything seemed to be working well, except for the search button (don't use it anyway). However, I use my droid for playing mp3's or streaming satellite while traveling. The whole time it is plugged in with the car charger. The display stays on, but it appears the battery drains faster than charger can charge. On the previous version, this only happened when I used Navigation. Now it happens when just streaming.

I have Droid 1, with Sapphire 1.1.1, the kernel that comes with it, and black bar theme. I haven't added any widgets outside of what I was using before. I have brightness set to auto. I set the auto-brightness minimum level to 5, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Sileem

Reaction score
I've heard some people say generic USB chargers might cause battery drain. Do you have the Motorola made charger or some knock off?

Tsusai

Reaction score
This happens sometimes with my car charger. If the white light on the side doesn't light up when I plug the USB side in (which is what probably is happening to you), I unplug the charger from the DC socket and plug it back in. Light comes on, and done.

spider210

Reaction score
Had issues with that before. Unsure of what the problem is

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk