Battery Dead Overnight

Casper3686

Reaction score
Last night my battery went from 85% to dead by morning. I switched from 4g to wifi before going to bed. This usually just knocks it down about 5%overnight. No apps were running that I know of... Any ideas or has this happened to anyone else lately?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Jaysizzle

Reaction score
Your phone might be restarting at night. While I know the reboots normally happen when heavy data is being used I've seen my phone restart just after unlocking it to send a text. If this happens again check the up time on settings>about phone>battery.

nkgangew

Reaction score
Last night my battery went from 85% to dead by morning. I switched from 4g to wifi before going to bed. This usually just knocks it down about 5%overnight. No apps were running that I know of... Any ideas or has this happened to anyone else lately?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Just curious, are you rooted? And if you are you running a GB rom?

kdub123

Reaction score
drained overnight

Yes - happened to me. I was at a full charge before sleep. I got up and the phone was dead - ran thru the charge while asleep. I said, enough of this BS - I am not putting up with this battery any longer. Bought the extended battery, charge it every night. I can now use the phone the way it was meant to be used. Do not be afraid of the "extra bulk." It is no big deal at all. They also now have factory cases for the extended battery.

ajk23az

Reaction score
I downloaded an app called "2x battery", left my phone with a 98% charge, woke up this morning with an 86% charge.

Said it was discharging for 7 hours and 20 minutes.