How do you stop apps that have several wake locks. My Google maps has high wake locks and my battery has gotten worse recently.
I tried force stopping the app, pulling the battery.
sbenson said:How many are we talking here?
And what % is maps using up?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
It uses six percent of my battery when I haven't even opened it.
Phone, messaging, and a few other apps sometimes have high wake locks (maps had over 1000 a few times and I never opened it).
Without use at all? 6% of my total battery.
I'm not sure how do I check that
dezymond said:albo,
Any of the above apps that benson recommended will show you "deep sleep" time. 6% is fairly good, that's pretty average for a ROM especially on aokp. How long do you let it sit before checking? Usually in an hour, when I was running aokp 33, I was losing about 4-6% battery life every hour or a little longer, I forget now. I've since switched to a JB ROM and my battery life is excellent, I'm amazed at it really. I think JB helps and the kernel that I'm using makes it even better.
Well if it's stock then your battery life is perfectly normal. 4.0.4 should've fixed the deep sleep issue. How long do you leave your phone idle before checking it again?I have no rom my phone is stock.
Whenever I do a factory reset my phone becomes blazing fast and the battery becomes amazing. With time everything starts becoming slower and the batter begins to go faster.
dezymond said:Well if it's stock then your battery life is perfectly normal. 4.0.4 should've fixed the deep sleep issue. How long do you leave your phone idle before checking it again?
So in that hour do you lose 6%? If so, it's pretty normal for a stock Nexus, I recall mine being 6-8%, but that was on 4.0.2.Depends on use. Sometimes it can go an hour idle. Then I use it a lot more.
Also I don't really notice a big difference in battery life if I leave 3g on as opposed to 4g.
I'm starting to think the only way to get decent battery life is by rooting and romming. My battery life is terrible on this phone.