Basic google calendar app has gone bust

Alfador

Reaction score
The Calendar app for google calendar had an error when trying to download an update the other day, and now it will not show any other calendar I have linked to my account but the primary (I have my primary, one for work appointments only, and one for non-appointment reminders like birthdays, events, tv shows, whatever).

If this was any other app I'd uninstall it and try to download it again, but since this is one of the built in apps, and I'm not rooted, I don't see any obvious way to fix this problem. Any ideas?

Edit: Probably should have posted this in rescue squad. Not sure if it should be moved or deleted/reposted at all

Last edited:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure but you may want to

phone settings > Applications > Manage applications > menu > Filter > All > Calendar Storage > Clear data

Also do the same for "Calendar" in addition to "Calendar Storage".

The dialog box when you clear says something scary about deleting settings and accounts but this is not the case. It will sync up again with google's servers.

rodmclaughlin

Reaction score
Thanks

I followed your instructions
When I tried to add an event to the calendar it said 'you have to synchronize the calendar first' without telling me how to do this
After a while, it played the notification tune (Highway 61 Revisited)
Now when I touch the Calendar it has a list of items beginning 'Hide declined events' and won't respond to anything