Barely audible pop after the built-in "click" sound

Amberite

Reaction score
Today I noticed that after the click sound (the sound that plays when you click on buttons, etc. For example, when you open the apps drawer, press on the home button, etc), about 1 second or so after the sound finishes, there is a barely audible "pop". I tried putting my ear close to the speaker, and it seems that the click sound file stays open (for lack of a better word) for about 1 second, and then makes that popping noise as it's closing.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is this just a defect on my phone?

EDIT: Just noticed that this popping noise also happens on other sounds, not just the click sounds. It seems this happens every time the sound file closes.

natezire71

Reaction score
I don't have the "pop" after the clicks. Sounds like your hardware. See about maybe getting a replacement.

XanRules

Reaction score
It's supposed to make that noise!? I thought I was just going insane.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Mikeybeanz

Reaction score
I have noticed this too (even created a thread about it several days ago). I keep my phone on vibrate (all sound off) and I still hear it. For some reason, when ever I click on anything (and I mean anything), the speaker turns on for about 2 seconds and then pops off. At first I thought it was being caused from the vibration, but I shut that off and it still happened. I finally noticed what was causing it when I had headphones plugged in. I heard it a lot more often and realized it happened whenever I touched an icon or typed.

OP
A

Amberite

Reaction score
I have noticed this too (even created a thread about it several days ago). I keep my phone on vibrate (all sound off) and I still hear it. For some reason, when ever I click on anything (and I mean anything), the speaker turns on for about 2 seconds and then pops off. At first I thought it was being caused from the vibration, but I shut that off and it still happened. I finally noticed what was causing it when I had headphones plugged in. I heard it a lot more often and realized it happened whenever I touched an icon or typed.

Yea it happens after any sort of sound from presses, typing, etc. It's exactly like you describe - the speaker stays on for 2 seconds or so and then pops off. Also, when the speaker is on for those 2 seconds, I can VERY slightly hear the hiss from the speaker, and the hiss is gone right after the pop. So this pop definitely has to do with the speaker turning off.

Is this an issue on just some units, or is everyone having it? If anyone else wants to try to hear it, be in a quiet room, and put your ear close to the speaker, and press the home button, etc. The pop should happen within 2 seconds.

Mikeybeanz

Reaction score
I would like to know if this is a hardware bug or not. Im thinking it's software (which I can easily wait for a fix) but if it is hardware, I want to get a new Gnex before the verizon return period runs out.

XanRules

Reaction score
Software bug. There's a thread about it on the Google forums... if I can find it again I'll link it.

OP
A

Amberite

Reaction score
Software bug. There's a thread about it on the Google forums... if I can find it again I'll link it.

If you can find it, it would be awesome. I'm searching but can't find anything.

x25064

Reaction score
mine has it on occasion as well. Its not evety time like yours but I have noticed it before.