barcode apps

Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble with the barcode apparently, they constantly zoom in and out to focus....

Rarely will it actually get the image...

I have tried both shop savvy and barcode scanner...

Droid JUnkyz

Reaction score
I know the barcode has to be white background...It also has to be a certain distance from the camera or it will not focus correctly....I work at sheetz and all I do now if barcode things HAHAHA

dajakal

Reaction score
I think it's the Droid's camera. I can scan QR codes, which are the square types, almost immediately. But I can almost never scan regular bar codes, and when I do it takes a long time of trying to adjust the framing while holding very still...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think it's the Droid's camera. I can scan QR codes, which are the square types, almost immediately. But I can almost never scan regular bar codes, and when I do it takes a long time of trying to adjust the framing while holding very still...

lol see im completely opposite... i have the hardest time with QR codes but am able to scan just about any barcode

iDroid

Reaction score
Does anyone else have trouble with the barcode apparently, they constantly zoom in and out to focus...
Yes, mine does exactly the same thing. Sometimes it isn't able to scan the bar code at all and I give up. Other times it happens quickly. For what it's worth, my camera doesn't seem to be able to take any sharp still images but its video quality is amazing. :frown:

sir

Reaction score
Snaptell also works nicely, but the barcode scanner I haven't had an issue with yet.

Stigy

Reaction score
The software update being released on or around December 11th is supposed to fix focusing issues.

People are speculating (and I also believe) that it will fix barcode scanning issues, but only time will tell. Its only a few weeks to wait and then we can definitely see what the problem is...

Zippster

Reaction score
QR's are impossible for mine, shopsavvy is hit or miss, funny thing is, the app Keyring for all those shopper club cards was also hit or miss, but they just put out 2 updates to make it work with android 2.0 and it will scan those barcodes now almost instantly every time, even old beat up ones. :confused:

dajakal

Reaction score
From Shopsavvy support forums:
We have talked to Motorola and they should have a 'fix' for the Droid in the next OTA update scheduled for December 11th. The camera is just too darn fast - they needed to slow down the AF function so that it has time to focus.

Anyway, for those of you still having issues hold the camera back from the barcode - farther than you might think. Experiment - at least until the 11th.

synctek

Reaction score
Is there any free QR generators out there to download - I see several sites that will do it but I want my own :icon_ devil:

y6y6y6

Reaction score
As a data point I have no problem at all scanning QR codes with Barcode Scanner, but Shopsavvy hardly works at all. In fact Barcode Scanner locks on almost immedietly.