Bad root...

walkingagh

Reaction score
Hey everyone, huge issue here. I went to go root my Droid (which I have done to two other phones), and something weird has happened.

I plugged in my phone, fired it up in the recovery mode (power + up on D-pad), Opened RSD lite in administrator mode, selected the stock ROM and clicked start and then boom. My screen on my droid just went black and RSD Lite says that it is trying to flash, but there is no sort of progress at all. It sat there for like 10 minutes and then it said "FAIL". I have tried this now 2 time and the same thing happened.

I know unplugging could be the end of my phone, but it seems totally unresponsive. Any ideas on next steps?

EDIT: The phone just disconnected itself from the computer and now is bricked...any ideas?

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I don't know that I have an answer for you but lets try. What model phone are you doing this with and is it possible that your file is corrupted? Will the phone return to update mode and reconnect with the computer or is it totally unresponsive?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know of someone who unplugged their phone half way through a sbf flash to stock 2.01 and the outcome was not good.

Define "bricked" in as much detail as possible.

Plugged into the wall does the white led charge indicator light come on?

Will it go into recovery or the bootloader? (x-power button, up-arrow - power button)

How long has it been on charge for?