Bad Battery on Droid?

coondogg97

Reaction score
I picked up my phone last night and it wouldn't turn on. I assumed my battery was dead (even though it shouldn't have been) and I started charging the phone. The device finally powered on, but right after it booted up it shut down and cycled itself back on. I tried to take the battery out and boot up the phone plugged in and without the battery installed. Same thing, the phone booted and then power cycled. Placed the battery back in the phone and plugged it back into the dock with the same result, just a power cycle. I plugged the phone directly in bypassing the dock and tried to boot up. Same thing, just power cycles. I took the battery out and powered on the device with it plugged in, and still just a power cycle. The phone started to get hot (maybe because of all the power cycles) but would not stay on.

I took the phone to the Verizon store today and they replaced the battery. The device seems to be staying on now, but the phone still seems to be getting warm right below the camera lens (not the battery). Has anyone had any issues like this? At this point it may very well be all in my head.

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
Well it wasn't the battery :mad:. I guess that was optimistic thinking with all the recent rebooting issues out here.

I have an almost new Droid coming to me tomorrow since it has been over 30 days :icon_evil:. All I can hope is that the Droid is new enough that the replacement will be fairly new.