backup question

samgovol

Reaction score
I finally rooted my phone last night and installed the new apex rom...love it! My question is this...lets say I want to go back to stock, can someone tell me exactly how to do that? I think I need to open the dx bootstrap recovery and install the backup that i originally made. I don't see the dx bootstrap app on the apex rom??? Do i need to install that app again to get back? And also what would the backup be named? and where can I find it? on my sd card?

Thanks alot and thanks for helping a noobie!

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I think there are various ways to return to stock: recovery mode when you first start the phone, open your backup and reload.. Do you have to install an app to do backups or doesn't this feature come stock, giving you the option when you install the ROM?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, (and I easily could be), you would use ClockworkMod (via ROM Manager) to restore your stock settings from the backup that you hopefully made prior to flashing apex...

I am still new to this though so verify my advice before proceeding. ;)

N

Nickchapstick

Two things, do you mean stock like unrooted and from the box settings? Or do u mean stock rom (not apex). To get "from the box stock" you must sbf (google it). To get to stock rom, I guess you would call it, just reload the backup you made via clockwork or whichever you used. Its located on the sd card yes and the files are massive so delete old unused backups, I have like 8 cluttering up my memory card lol.

Sent from Nicks Ultimate Droid X

N

Nickchapstick

The backups are numbered not named. The give you year-day-month time. In some order. Go to backup and restore on clockwork recovery and hit restore, then itshould give you a list. Yes you must download dx bootstrapper.

Sent from Nicks Ultimate Droid X

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
So I go into clockworkmod choose recovery, then after it reboots itself I use bootstrapper, then recovery again?

N

Nickchapstick

was that to me? and you really didnt answer my questions. . .

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Sorry. Yeah I meant my backed up settings. I know how trio use z4 to unroot prior to downloading the ota. I tried to use clockwork to simply restore the backup but it rebooted back into rubix. Same thing happened when I tried to go to rubix 1.8.9.
Also, do I need to be connected via usb when I use bootstrapper?

N

Nickchapstick

ok so it will always show rubix until you sbf. I did the restore from backup a few times and it still showed rubix also. to get rubox off you have to install a new rom or sbf. thats the only way to get rubix off. to use the dx bootstrapper app is what "bootstrapper" is refering to right? and no you dont have to be connected to use that app. better if you arnt actually. also rom manager app should have some settings to uninstall roms. its free. . .

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Yes I know the loading screen will show rubix. What I mean is it still loads the rom rather than reverting back to the vzw 'rom'. I am under the impression that unless I get that loaded back on, I will be unable to grab the ota successfully. Otherwise I may have my hands full with flashing the sbf because I can't seem to get windows 7 64 to play nice with my drivers or the rdf lite program.

Maybe I should just flash to rubix 1.9 & forget about the ota...

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Wow.i totally hijacked your thread man. Please forgive me. I will read the op next g time before I respond. ;)

N

Nickchapstick

sorry fell asleep. but neway ya upgrade to 1.9 thats what I have also I had no problems with the windows 7, 64 bit system sbfing... dunno why you had a problem. weird.