backup assistant

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
everytime i try to use my back up assistant i keep on getting a error message when i put in my password.. help!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, Backup Assistant will not work on an Android or other smart phones.

tatuud

Reaction score
i used backup assistant prior to rooting, i would go to applications, clear data, cache, for stop, uninstall and then reinstall. that should fix a problem if its the app. if it's because you forgot the password you can just call verizon and they will give it to you. that happened to me where i just totally confused the numerical password, so i called verizon and they told me what it was...hope this helps

kirishgh

Reaction score
do all android phones automatically back up info such as messages, videos, pictures...? and where are they backed up to???

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
No. They only items backed up in your Google account are paid apps and contacts. Most times the free apps will be saved there also. You can view them by signing into Google then go to your profile and click on items linked to this account.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

derek33

Reaction score
there is an app that allows you to back up your text messages to your email an with Google it allows it to be put in a tab like contacts.

jeffskw

Reaction score
I am new to rooting a phone so here it goes. I rooted my Droid x 2 with one click root . Used bootstrap next and installed eclipse. All iis good but now I don't have the Verizon app for backup assistant. Went on their siteand all my contacts r gone now. I decided to call and see if I could just re download it and well long story short they want to send me a new phone. Didn't say anything about rooting or eclipse so my question is where did I go wrong or can it not be done without losing the back up

jeffskw

Reaction score
No. they talked like it was gone for good and since they don't know why they can just send me a new phone. Everything else seems to have been restored after the eclipse loaded .

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you sync your contacts to google? If so backuo assistance isn't needed...
I haven't used it in 2 years....

----posted maxx'ed out----

Snow02

Reaction score
If your contacts aren't on the backup assistant site, re-installing the app isn't going to help. If they are, just export them to csv and import them to your gmail account and they'll automatically sync to the phone.

If you made a backup before installing that rom, just restore it, open your contacts, press menu, and export your contacts to your sd card. Restore them after re-installing the rom.

ajkammerer93

Reaction score
if you have an old phone with contacts on it, you can transfer the contacts to an sd card and then to ur droid.