Backlight not working

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
Ok. Here's the deal. I gave my sister my original Droid running BB 0.6.2 when I upgraded to the X. I told her I want it back when she gets her next phone because I want to... play... yeah... with it testing ROMs I haven't previously tried.

Last night, she comes home and says she dropped it and the screen won't come on. I couldn't be mad. She was crying a little. Anyway, she told me she already tried a battery pull with no success.

The phone works, sort of. When I swipe where the lock would be after hitting the power button to wake up the phone, the phone vibrates. That leads me to believe that the OS is still intact.

Now, I've tried to search for answers regarding this to no avail. At this point, I'm willing to try anything. I've read that reflashing the phone may work. I've read that taking the Droid apart and checking the connections may work. I've also read that replacing the lcd screen may work.

Can anyone either help me directly or direct me towards links that will? I am willing to learn how to take apart the Droid to get it working. It was my first Android and I'm rather fond of it. (Questions last statement)

Nvious1

Reaction score
I unfortunately just ran into the same problem. I just dropped my D1 and now the backlight won't come back on it seems. The phone is booted, it even rings when I call it but the screen just won't light up. I am frustrated right not and don't want to have to buy a new phone just yet. I look forward to see if anyone else answers this thread.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sounds like the LCD got damaged. Try youtube for an instructional video of how to replace the LCD and check the connections.

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

asdf_man

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my motorola droid. The phone boots and responds to touch but i cant see anything.

Is there anyway to access the phone UI from my computer? I need to backup my contacts to SD card and transfer them.

Paleogirl2003

Reaction score
really lucked out with this one, went to verizon yesterday, they let me add on an extended warranty for 1.99/mo, sending me a new phone tues/wed!

will have to send back my broken phone, which is rooted. how can i get it back to stock if i can't see the screen?