background data help

thack

Reaction score
Back story - rooted, got stuck in boot, had to do factory hard reset, rooted again.

Now I get the message "your administrator has disabled background data while roaming. if needed you can manually synchronize data while roaming."

When I go to make sure background data is enabled, it is greyscale and I'm unable to check it.

How do I get my background data enabled and to stay enabled without the message? Thanks.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
When you go into About Phone>Status, does it say your phone is roaming?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
T

thack

Reaction score
Network - extended network

Roaming - Roaming.

So yes. I know I'm not in a verizon service area but it wasn't an issue before..

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Did you notice this before you rerooted and did you install a custom ROM? I've heard of this happening, but not with phones on the Verizon network.

OP
T

thack

Reaction score
Pretty much rooted it immediately so it's hard to tell. No custom ROM.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I have a Sprint network phone that lost 3G not long after I installed a ROM. I couldn't get 3G back until I wiped from recovery. I had an ancient backup that kept me rooted, but did not reinstall the ROM. However, that reset restored my 3G. I don't know if it was the ROM (I didn't lose 3G the second it installed, after all), or just a random thing that went haywire, but I was back to normal after the wipe.

I think you should wipe again, if it isn't too much trouble. Wipe and keep your phone unrooted long enough to check your roaming status and see if you can enable background data. If it's all good, reroot.

OP
T

thack

Reaction score
So I tried to do the one-click unroot but I ran into an issue..

did the temp ADB root first

then when I go to click unroot my phone it says
ERROR: /restore/ backup doesn't exist or is incomplete!
These files must be downloaded and saved to your computer in a /restore/ subfolder
Download links can be found in the Help menu in this program

I have the files saved on my desktop so I guess how do I save them properly?

OP
T

thack

Reaction score
so the background data goes greyscale once I use coporate sync for my work and school emails...any thoughts?